Crowd boos Boris "Leave" Johnson as he leaves his home

What, like in a cardboard box or makeshift tent? I can gladly imagine that.

5 Likes

Is that video from RT, bastion of truth, keeper of the journalistic flame?

Eww. Gross.

Off topic!
Iā€™d like to take this opportunity to admit that I love that show.
That is all. Thank you, sorry, and good night!

1 Like

I keep meaning to watch it, cause I love Krysten Ritterā€¦ sheā€™s fantastic in Jessica Jones and Breaking Bad.

1 Like

Well, your scare quotes indicate youā€™re aware of the discrepancy between bigotry wrapped in the flag, and actually giving a shit about oneā€™s country.

1 Like

Wishful thinking?

I see heā€™s thrown his hat into the ring, pointlessly, again.

Ken Clarke should run, just for the hell of it.

2 Likes

You found a Royalist Glaswegian? Iā€™m guessing a Unionist. Theyā€™re outliers.

Iā€™m not so sure if Putin sees the Brexit as success - a discordant EU is good for Russia, but the bloc is the most important business partner and a broken up EU is probably bad news. The tone of the Russian media changed enormously, the comments after the Breixt vote are very meek.

1 Like

Hey - we might even get ā€œGay Cureā€ Stephen Crabb!

In a rapidly changing world where openness and transparency clearly benefit, we have a whole suite of bigots and wrong-minded people to choose from.

Itā€™s beginning to look like a bizarre Dr Who episode where the 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th Centuries NEVER HAPPENED.

2 Likes

There are lots of assumptions about what Putin wants, but they all seem to fit the narrative that ends up with ā€œNATO must be strengthened and Anne Applebaum should be Secretary of Stateā€.

My suspicion is that what Putin wants most of all is economic recovery and readmission to the Euro-trading world. A major country leaving the EU wonā€™t help that.
Benefit to Russia - British Government had the job of reinforcing the US line on sanctions within the EU. Now that falls on Poland just when it is less in Polandā€™s interest.
Negative for Russia - Eurozone contraction is unlikely to be counterbalanced by an increase in UK trade since the UK is now more Americaā€™s toy poodle than ever (and will be more so when we have an American PM).
It is not surprising that suddenly Russia and Turkey are making up.

Being delightfully ignorant of UK politics, is this a thing? I always thought the UK saw Americans as lovely people with a decidedly crazy religious bent and a penchant for violence.

Johnson has dual citizenship, US and UK. Last year, he announced that he would drop his US citizenship, but I donā€™t think heā€™s done it yet.

1 Like

If he hasnā€™t (and since heā€™s generally full of shit I doubt he has) heā€™ll have it taken off him soon enough. I donā€™t think US citizens are allowed to become leaders of other countries.

Edit: trying to find a linkā€¦

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal-considerations/us-citizenship-laws-policies/citizenship-and-dual-nationality.html

Definitely seems to be something here about losing US nationality by taking a policy level position in a foreign state.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.