"Curious Alice" is a trippy anti-drugs PSA from 1971 that may unintentionally inspire its viewers to drop LSD

Originally published at: "Curious Alice" is a trippy anti-drugs PSA from 1971 that may unintentionally inspire its viewers to drop LSD | Boing Boing

2 Likes

That is truly a trippy marvel.

4 Likes

Another trippy one:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjPXb6Eqxi4

1 Like

This is the movie that made me want to do drugs!!! 5th grade health class, and the only message that resonated was drugs make your world psychedelic!

7 Likes

And remember the days when pot leaf logos (clothing, stickers, etc.) were considered transgressive?

Shocked Christmas Movies GIF by filmeditor

3 Likes

I went through Auckland International Airport in the 90s. The customs folks were paying a lot of attention to a surfer dude in a pot leaf t-shirt. I think they were about to dismantle his board.

I reckoned that if I was running a smuggling outfit, I’d definitely send through a “clean” guy dressed like that and the actual smuggler, on the same flight.

I still haven’t done it since the only time I’ve been offered is in Vegas, where not only did I not have testing kit it just seemed like a place you should stick to weed.

(Edibles + a giant bottle of water to wander with were fun tho! oooooh, neon)

That Marsh Hare is spot-on for every tweaker I’ve ever interacted with.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.