Cybertruck gets cyberstuck (video)

Originally published at: Cybertruck gets cyberstuck

6 Likes

The Cybertruck Guy on Twitter sats this was a preproduction model running outdated software.

That’s a little better than the usual fanboi response of “this was done on purpose for reasons your puny non-Musk brains will never comprehend!”

What kind of tree besides a Charlie Brown one would fit in the bed?

8 Likes

they’ve fixed reports of it getting stuck in the latest update. now it explodes to destroy any evidence

14 Likes

Kim Coles Lol GIF by Bounce

8 Likes

Did they try turning it off and back on again?

It Crowd Maurice Moss GIF

8 Likes

More like Cybersuck.

7 Likes

Looks like the answer is “it was a modestly sized tree and it still didn’t fit in the bed.”

8 Likes

This may be true, but is that what caused this poor performance?

Shit software or not, I could have gotten in and out on a Big Wheel, with the tree!

5 Likes

Taking a cybertruck out in to nature should be prosecuted as littering.

Every time I see a picture of a cybertruck I, once again, am shocked at how ugly it is.

Just because you design a car with a ruler doesn’t mean it has to suck.

9 Likes

Looks like the single biggest issue was that the driver decided to go off-roading in the snow without proper tires. Of course, that’s no surprise given that this truck’s target market is “people who don’t know what trucks are for or how to use them.”

12 Likes

Musk will just blame this on Rough Country…

The aftermarket parts maker with their logo festooned on the side.
And not them directly, the sticker incorrectly applied to the structural stainless steel door panels.
Its microns were off.

4 Likes

Is that what the “RC” is for? One of the articles about this mishap said it indicated “Release Candidate” (meaning a non-production prototype model) but they might have just been making shit up.

3 Likes

Apply all the updates you want. You can’t fix stupid. (And I’m not referring to the driver.)

3 Likes
3 Likes

“Tell Them It’s Outdated software” is in a process box in their flow chart titled “What To Say When Our Over-priced, Over-hyped, Fucked-up Shit Fucks Up”, and a little picture of Musk’s face is shown in all of the decision symbols.

5 Likes

yea look at the smaller logo, and i seem to remember they were reported as being an OE aftermarket supplier

https://www.reddit.com/r/cybertruck/comments/16diirh/two_rc_cybertrucks_spotted/

such posture, so much tough…

edit- it doesn’t look exactly the same… maybe the other font was a few pixels off

3 Likes

Here’s another article that clears up some of the questions:

7 Likes

I like how it states- ““nothing like freezing to death in a $100k bulletproof coffin for the holidays” joked @finance_toolbox on X.”

it’s actually waaay down there on the NDA for an early release.

5 Likes

“a man knows a station wagon when he sees one.
this car should only see off-road action if the driver backs over a flower bed”

2 Likes

My guess about the “out-dated software” is that it would be the traction control to monitor wheel spin. The thing obviously hasn’t got off-road tyres and would be prone to spinning on a slick, muddy path especially since electric cars have a lot of torque.

Even if that’s fixed, you can see there isn’t enough ground clearance to make it a proper off-road vehicle.

3 Likes