Cybertruck to be officially delivered today

6 Likes

sounds like its as futuristic in “safety” as thought in the 50s how to make a car “safe”. just make them tanks.

8 Likes

That has also been the attitude to railway safety in the USA.

Antiquated regulations that date all the way back to the late 1800s (they were updated in the 1930s) compel American passenger rail operators to use trains designed like “high-velocity bank vaults,” as former Amtrak CEO David Gunn once put it. While European and Asian railcars became lighter and sleeker in recent decades without compromising safety records, FRA rules continued to insist on heavy, slow, outdated, and expensive equipment.

8 Likes
10 Likes

[ Béla Barényi1) has entered the chat ]

1) Came up with the concept of the crumple zone in 1937.

8 Likes

-that was bad-deleted-

a name elno never heard before (me neither, but I dont own a car-company)

and it still took more than 20 years (1959) before implemented in a car. wasnt an american one.

7 Likes

7 Likes

is this actually production? then it would appear that they really have to do them completly by hand, right? seeing these numbers I doubt they will ever go into mass-production. looks even more dead-on-arrival than before the great and worldshaking event that november 30 was. /s

6 Likes
6 Likes

Kind of sort of a “Fuck you – F!..Y! – if you can’t wait and want your lousy 100 bucks back… but here’s an option since, obviously, you want to feel as if you’re a part of Team Musk!

BTW: The neighbor down the street from us has for the last few weeks taken to parking their new Tesla outside their garage and out on the street. The closest it gets to the garage is when it’s being recharged and still outside. A wise decision. And no. They only have the one vehicle. An empty two-car garage. If that Tesla was a cat, it’d be howling.

7 Likes

One of the comments:

I saw the Cybertruck referred to as the IncEl Camino and that’s how I will forever think of it.

:laughing:

16 Likes

If it’s in production, shouldn’t it have gone through a battery of crash tests supervised or conducted by some government agency? And therefore this obvious problem, and issues like too-bright light bars, would have been caught and fixed?

Maybe it’s just like self-driving cars? Let Tesla et al do the testing on an unsuspecting public?

1 Like

light trucks are exempted from many of the standard regulations. that makes them cheaper to produce, which is why they’re pushed over things like station wagons in the us. and it’s part of why traffic fatalities are so bad here relative to other countries

( but don’t worry. they make people feel safer, and that’s what really counts )

9 Likes

Some subset of people who were hyped for the Cybertruck were probably willing to wait because they were promised it would outperform other electric pickups and cost less. Now that it’s clear that’s not the case Tesla is probably just trying to keep all those customers from giving up and buying a Rivian or a Ford F-150 Lightning.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.