Cybertruck to be officially delivered today

Hey! That’s another RQ Riley design!

Between Total Recall and various TV shows, that guy’s designs got a lot of media mileage.

ETA: Oops, I think I’m wrong. It just looks like one of his:

9 Likes

Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC
I will leave my shame unedited for the mortification of my pride.

11 Likes

Being told that is a newsroom initiation ritual for new staff, along with the proper usage of “evacuated” as mentioned elsewhere (short version: the only time you talk about people being evacuated is if they’re getting enemas).

10 Likes

And literally decimated….

9 Likes

Why does the Aston Martin “Bulldog” have such a long, pointy, fox like, nose?

ETA
I say this as the proud companion of a Pomeranian adjacent dog who has a long fox like nose.

6 Likes

highlander concurs. mostly…

News Reporter:…the garage with water from the sprinklers. It also left a man’s decapitated body lying on the floor next to his own severed head. A head which, at this time, has no name.

The Kurgan: I know his name

8 Likes

I cannot wait for a lovely rainy day here in the Bay Area to see some tech bro driving one of these around so I can see the windshield wiper in operation and laugh my ass off.

7 Likes

After the Minissima, Bill Towns was a different man. I don’t know why, maybe Giugiaro hit him over the head with a wedge or something.

5 Likes
9 Likes

no chance. not in its current design.

9 Likes

Nope. I’m looking forward to the crash tests, though.

Hey look, everybody! It’s The Light Truck LoopholeTM !!!
Again.

[EU] Regulations require that new cars deform in very specific ways, depending on the nature of an accident. For the occupants, the car’s structure needs to collapse in order to dissipate energy. For pedestrians, the vehicle must cushion the blow in the event of an impact.

With the Cybertruck, explained Stefan Teller1), “nothing is deformed in the event of an impact. Instead, enormous forces act on the occupants. Airbags then no longer help.”

1) Automotive expert at SGS-TÜV Saar GmbH (page is in English). They do homologation. And other things.

8 Likes

It’s a Comuta Car. I only know about them from Simone Giertz.

8 Likes

I owned both a Scion xB (1st gen, loved it) and a Nissan Juke (fun and quirky and also uncomfortably impractical) so I totally get ‘ugly cute’.

this isn’t ugly cute. This is “white whale”.

6 Likes

sigh…

9 Likes

And probably in a couple years “white elephant”.

6 Likes

Watch the Tesla Cybertruck Get Crash Tested (msn.com)

8 Likes

A propos “words mean whatever I want them to mean” - it isn’t explicitly stated anywhere that Humpty Dumpty is an egg. He can be whatever you want him to be.

5 Likes

joe-dirt-rusty

4 Likes

Tesla Cybertruck’s amazing feats lack context and details (so don’t get too excited) (msn.com)

2 Likes

We in the car media see footage of random tests like this all the time on new car launches in order to demonstrate certain capabilities. I assume it’s usually in good faith, and it probably is here, too.

Laugh Lol GIF

8 Likes