Cybertruck's "guillotine effect" may amputate fingers (video)

Or about 92% of them…

1 Like

Yes. People close their fingers in car doors every day without amputating them. Round corners and door gaskets prevent the slicing action that the Cybertruck exhibits with it’s sharp corners and door gaskets that are far inside the vehicle. The frunk door is also like a metal brake, with how it closes.

4 Likes

Most modern powered trunks/hatches won’t. Resistance sensors have been around a long time.

2 Likes

Yeah, but with manual-closing doors… (and I’m not sure a carrot would provide enough resistance to trip any sensors anyways).

I managed to lock my thumb in the door of a Pontiac Ventura in the late '70s. Two stitches. And, the memory of my confused dad wondering why he had to open the door again and then his face turning white when he saw the reason why and a trip to the hospital instead of the store. And then having to learn how to write right-handed.

2 Likes

Not saying the Cybertrucks doors will not act as a hungry, hungry hippo on your digits, but hot dogs and carrots do not have equivalent strength to your fingers. The human mouth is capable of bitting off a finger if someone really tried, but, if you used the same amount of pressure typically used to bite off a piece of a hotdog or carrot on your finger, you would not bite off a piece of your finger (it would hurt).

Sorry, I missed what the video was about. I couldn’t look away from the sheer, unmitigated ugliness that is the Cybersextruck. It’s a trainwreck on wheels, from every imaginable angle.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.