Cyborg venus flytrap plant controlled with a smartphone

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/25/cyborg-venus-flytrap-plant-controlled-with-a-smartphone.html

2 Likes

Reminder:

9 Likes

I, for one, welcome our robotic flytrap overlords!

3 Likes

This is a huge improvement over regular Venus flytraps. We’re gonna save so much money!

1 Like

It’s worse… These are Cyber Plants!

After they escape the lab and force upgrade all of plants, we will be plant food!!

1 Like

Many years ago — on a whim — I acquired a Venus Flytrap from a local nursery. Those suckers are difficult for laypersons to maintain; mine didn’t last long. They need low light and humidity. A grow-light in a once/day shower-humidified (on for ~ 10 minutes) bathroom did not help as far as extending the plant’s life beyond a few weeks.

1 Like

Soylent Green has a whoooooole new meaning!

2 Likes

I hear ya. I am usually pretty good at taking care of plants, but I failed miserably to keep one that I had alive. It wasn’t until later that I learned how difficult it is for them to thrive outside of their native habitat.

2 Likes

I was watching the video of a guy that makes habitats for various plants and creatures. He really took a lot of time and care for the flytrap habitat including being very specific in the selection of… [bla bla bla] they all died.

3 Likes

sad mr t GIF

3 Likes

Yes the follow up video was a sad one. But hopefully it will dissuade some people from spending money to slow kill these cool plants.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.