Cyclist ignores warning gates, tries to ride onto lifted drawbridge and fails

I hope the bike’s okay.

What was that even?!

Um, the thing that came before these?

2 Likes

I own this on VHS, I’m watching it right now…

It’s a brave new world.

Yeah well, Martyn Ashton was a bit too brave… Broke his back, filming the second one, IIRC

2 Likes

If you mean by that Hollywood motor, Hollywood tires and Hollywood suspension, then yes.

Thunder-Birds are go!

1 Like

I was assuming intoxication just on the basis of, what precisely did she imagine was going to happen there?

I’m reminded of one of the action scenes from Reptilicus (1961), in which a bunch of panicking Copenhageners flee a comically low-budget monster rampaging the city. I think the filmmakers just recruited some guys from a local cycling club.

reptilicus-cyclists

5 Likes

You know she is going to SUE(!!!) because it is “someone’s fault” that she rode around the barriers and fell into the bridge separation! She’ll argue that there needs to be a 8 foot fence that rises to prevent rule-breakers like her. And she’ll sue for MILLIONS…and lose. -)

TQQdles™

That shit happens because the US doesn’t have a civilised health care system, so people who get hurt always have to find someone to pay their hospital bill.

That’s why bikes have ‘lawyer tabs’ on the fork to stop the quick release working like a quick. release. should, because some people can’t be bothered figuring out how to tighten them, and because America.

1 Like

But much cleaner than a car built before catalytic converters!

Are you sure that image isn’t from Copenhagen’s most recent Flugtag competition?

1 Like

Based on an actual bus/bridge event in 1952.

“Everything happened terribly quickly,” he said. “I realized that the part we were on was rising. It was horrifying. I felt we had to keep on or we might be flung into the river. So I accelerated.”

3 Likes

Cyclist tries for a Darwin Award … and fails.

I used to live in Alameda. Fun facts, several scenes from The Net were filmed there, as was the car chase scene in Matrix 2, and the ending chase in THX-1138. Also the Mythbusters filmed a bunch there.

I don’t miss the bridges keeping me in or out.

1 Like

Yeah, but it took surprisingly long for people to rush in to help. The moment someone goes down like that and isn’t crawling out as soon as possible, you know something is wrong. And there’s hardly a more dangerous place to fall; once that bridge closes, she’ll get crushed.

The only excuse for the slow response is if they were all calling 911 simultaneously.

I was expecting the bridge scene from Amsterdamned:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.