Da Musicz

6 Likes

This has been stuck in my head for about a week straight now.

I don’t care. I never get tired of Jackie Wilson.

6 Likes

Two tonight:

And this one-hit wonder’s monster hit in the homeland.
I used to hear this on fuzzy radios, and only when re-encountering it on YouTube did I learn the lyric “Hey little Donna, mmmm still wanna/You said to call you up when I was feeling drunk” ended with “You said to call you up when I was in Tronna.” Same diff, right? Lovely, lovely lyrics. Should’ve had more than one hit.

4 Likes
4 Likes

RIP Larry Coryell.

Yeah. <sigh> If I were a theist of some sort, I’d say he’s gone to join his old partner Alphonse in the great jam session in the sky, maybe with Miles and Joe Zawinul sitting in. I had this album; I’ve listened to Coryell since the early '70s, saw him live with the Eleventh House. It’s the depressing thing about getting old: you get to see all the mighty fall. I was recalling listening to the Tony Williams Lifetime around the same time, then realised that John McLaughlin is the only surviving member of the original lineup: Tony, Jack Bruce, Larry Young - all gone.

2 Likes

This is the song (hah!) I’ve been singing in my head all morning, so I might as well share it here:

4 Likes

Joan Baez covers Sibelius. What’s not to love?

2 Likes
4 Likes

Can’t wait to hear her version of the violin concerto.

3 Likes

This is more of an earworm. I have been working on some German WW2 electrical equipment this week, And this stupid song kept getting stuck in my head. The song was from a cartoon that won a 1943 Academy Award. It is certainly “old school”.

5 Likes

Because I’m tired of the view.

13 Likes

If I ever get married, I want them to play this at my wedding. Organ or not.

2 Likes

Because I’m bawdy, nostalgic and slightly drunk at the moment:

10 Likes

Ha, we did play this at our wedding!

4 Likes

Because, well, because it’s Monday morning…

7 Likes

Just because, well because James Brown. Damn!

8 Likes
2 Likes

Because, well because Carlos, drums and hair.

Jingo close and Soul Sacrifice encore are delicious.

6 Likes
11 Likes