Da Musicz

1 Like

Do It Love GIF by Abbey Luck

New Polly Jean?

Yes, please!

3 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

July 18, 1992: The First Photo Uploaded to the Web, of CERN’s All-Girl Science Rock Band

https://musiclub.web.cern.ch/bands/cernettes/

The article contains links to 5 songs on soundcloud which just won’t onebox for some reason.

6 Likes

They’re quite musical there:

5 Likes

Because if I have to be thinking about it, you have to be thinking about it

4 Likes

[ETA]

I’m glad, but way too late… And this little factoid:

Missy Elliott – the first female rapper to be inducted

How the fuck is this possible? Women have been part of hip-hop since the beginning… :woman_shrugging:

Misogyny is exhausting…

9 Likes

In…checks calendar…2023?

Angry Cat GIF by LEGO

3 Likes
2 Likes

Since we’re all Valerie June fans today over in the covers thread

And from the thread about Desmond Doom, @GilbertWham noted his video about Leningrad Sandwich:

And how about Desmond Doom’s ep:

south park dancing GIF

4 Likes

Episode 7 Ugh GIF by The Bachelor

[ETA]

I know the youtube says this video just came out, but I’m pretty sure it actually came out in 1994…

And this is so 70s Afro-centric!

4 Likes

4 Likes
1 Like

8 Likes

Although… a song from Bloodflowers but not a single cut from The Top:

I call shenanigans!

2 Likes

I have loved loved loved the Pet Shop Boys since I was in high school. Here they are in a special COVID-lockdown version of “West End Girls”:

2 Likes

One more:

1 Like

I listened to the Top a lot one summer I spent sick in bed in the 80s as a teen (it wasn’t the current album but I hadn’t listened to it) so it has a special place in my heart.

Although I actually don’t listen to music I listened to when I was young. Time’s running out and there’s so much to listen to.

1 Like

Lastly: I’m an old. I hate that the trope is we can’t enjoy new music. “Back in my Day”, etc.

Eff that.

Here is Dua Lipa:

1 Like