Da Musicz

They put the milk in first?! :scream:

:laughing:

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

He just did the main theme for Arrival iirc. Johann Johannson did the bulk of the score.

In my work there’s a primary school next door and when the windows are open and the kids are out playing we put this on:

And look wistfully and regretfully into the distance and ask ourselves in the quiet of our hearts “where did it all go wrong?”

Which always makes us chuckle.

Oh and a word for his Sleep, I’ve “listened” the that a whole bunch of times. I believe Testament of Youth was the score that people were told most that they wanted one like that.

Oh, and while we’re talking about classical sounding scores I listened to this last week and it’s great:

Also @Jesse13927 what an amazing episode that was! Wonderful. Really took the rug from under zombie apocalypse fatigue and made it heartbreaking again.

2 Likes

[ETA]

Still missing Nanci Griffith…

And… for hip-hop fans… Our local public radio host Rose Scott will be celebrating the 50th anniversary of hip-hop with a series of shows on the history of the genre (told mainly via interviews)… the first one was today, and it will run every Friday to August…

@noahdjango, @thomdunn, @dnealy take note!

[ETA] Sorry… gotta add…

4 Likes
1 Like

2 Likes

So punk! Much wow!

punk rock vintage GIF

[ETA]

New Mudhoney?

Also…

[ETA] Northern Ireland rap as Gaeilge? Kneecap are the artists…

Also… not sure how I feel about this? Africa as gaeilge?

[ETA]

Hozier performing The Parting Glass…

Which reminds me of my late aunt, as one of our cousins read this at her funeral service… :sob: RIP, Linda!

[ETA]

Murmur is 40 you guys…

We’re old, folks. Some of us…

6 Likes

surprise surprise

6 Likes
5 Likes

THE John Prine?

Shocked Face Wow GIF

8 Likes

Ya, that one.

7 Likes

from

5 Likes

Wow. $27.50 - $30 when adjusted for inflation. I’d be going to concerts every weekend.

2 Likes
3 Likes

[ETA]

OH!

[ETA]

[ETA]

[ETA] TIL, when Bauhaus played Coachella in 2005, Peter Murphy arrived on stage for Bela Lugosi’s dead hanging upside down in the air:

Natasha Lyonne Perfection GIF by Team Coco

[ETA] More EBTG! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

This week witnessed the destructive potential of AI in action as someone thought it’d be a good idea to bring brainless Britpop bores Oasis back from the dead.

Chris Woodgates and Bobby Geraghty, formerly of Hastings-based Oasis wannabes Breezer, released “AISIS - The Lost Tapes / Vol.1” last Friday, which they describe as “an alternate reality concept album where the band’s 95-97 line-up continued to write music, or perhaps all got together years later to write a record akin to the first three albums, and only now has the master DAT tape from that session surfaced.”

[…]

1 Like

Aren’t they all still alive? :thinking:

1 Like
1 Like

New Madonna