Da Musicz

with regards to the start of the article, with Killer Mike djing an Koch related event… he might have very well known who was hosting it:

2 Likes

Even though I liked the band, I thought they had ended their career a long time ago.

2 Likes

Cross-posted from the art news thread…

It’s an interview from the 80s, BTW…

4 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

I’m not really feeling the holiday season this year. I used to make sure I had the lights on and a curated playlist of seasonal music on every day before anyone else came down but I’m not feeling the energy this year.

Here’s a fantastic tune.

Please help me out by giving me new stuff to add to playlists that spark joy. I don’t want to derail the winter holiday thread and while this might be a derail o was thinking of it as a seasonal diversion but feel free to change.

BTW
Nothing says traditional Christmas (Santa and all) like Asian throat singing. It’s right on the money with an out of tune children’s choir, jangly stuff, crowd participation, and the sinister threatening later verses of “we wish you a merry Christmas” without which the irritainment content of the insistent repetitive melody makes no sense.

1 Like

This always brings…well, not joy as such, but memories of bygone (and perhaps more joyful) Christmases.

4 Likes

For non-holiday favorites, I’ve loved MIA for years:

2 Likes

How about the whole Low Christmas album…

1 Like

Midnight Pulp just dropped a long Spotify playlist list of “weird, offbeat, and fun” Christmas songs. Hopefully you can find something enjoyable in it.

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

This is one of the first videos I remember after I got cable as a kid…

3 Likes

I would translate that as “Hey, Elf Geezers, jump.”

Words aren’t exactly the same, but the chorus (or whatever) remains.

Life only lasts for a moment
And that is dark and tedious

Finnish xmas happy as ever.

1 Like

I love it. I tried to find it in Tidal, but…Hei tonttu-ukot hyppikää must also be a traditional Finnish children’s Christmas song or something? Because what I found definitely was not this!

Old Cchristmas carol.
https://tidal.com/browse/album/182563419

1 Like