Da Musicz

smh. I was just listening to other Herra Ylppö songs. It was right there. Thanks

1 Like

Of the very few bands I have seen live, I’ve seen Maj Karman Kauniit Kuvat [Beautiful Pictures of Maj Karma] twice. The band is led by Herra [Mister] Ylppö.

Nowadays, the band is called Maj Karma.

Teatime by Ann-Maj Kaarina ”Maija” Karma

I think Herra Ylppö took his name from Arvo Ylppö, who might have had sympathies for the Nazis and eugenicists. This was not known when he took that name.

1 Like
2 Likes

What an unpleasant surprise. I’m glad that the lyrics aren’t aligned with the name! I know next to zero Finnish. Always a concern when I start to enjoy music but have no idea what the lyrics are about. Thanks for the recommendation, I will check out more of Maj Karma tomorrow

1 Like

Oh my god that is modal gloriousness! It’s even better than Andy Bey’s beautiful version!

1 Like

Isn’t he incredible? Check out his tiny desk concert…

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Simon Reynolds on why he blogs…

1 Like

Needless to say I am somewhat vexed by this. So close, so close…

2 Likes

Maybe next year :hugs:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Some follow up on this video with Anthony Fantone:

Donald Glover is by comparison Fred Hampton … compared to Drake

It’s like their music is held together by the power of weird.

Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

4 Likes

Primus is special. I saw them after Herb Alexander had a heart attack and Danny Carey from Tool was subbing in for some shows. That was neat in its own way, but it just made me appreciate the weird alchemy between Les, Larry, and Herb even more. They are all so quick, precise, and mind-boggling talented. Primus sucks.

2 Likes

“Barbie Girl” for classical music nerds.

2 Likes

Robot Wtf GIF

3 Likes

It is common at Primus concerts to yell “Primus sucks”. The band even will say so themselves during the performance.

3 Likes

Ah thanks. That song with a juvenile beaver joke made me never look back. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes
1 Like

Any Alvvays fans? They did a tiny desk concert…

3 Likes