Da Musicz

It’s gamelan. What do you expect?

3 Likes

Funkiest tune in the world

4 Likes

What? The 90s are a bygone era. And asking me for happy songs is … :frowning: Really really hard, ok.

9 Likes
9 Likes
3 Likes

Back in the days when I had consistent company for breakfast, this was “our song”:

And this is the song she was dancing to at the exact moment that I fell in love:

5 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes
12 Likes

Memories of pooling change for gas in whoever’s car we were all piled in that day…

5 Likes

I was too young too kick it when this song came out; it didn’t end up in rotation in my playlists until college…

1 Like

Not so much “upbeat” as “hope for the hopeless”, but it works for me:

3 Likes

Never heard it before, but I like it.

1 Like

It was probably a good 4 or 5 years after the song came out. It was still in rotation on Live 105 then, and we had cassettes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even then, it still would have taken until I got to college for my musical tastes to evolve enough for me to ‘vibe with’ the Clash; I grew up mainly listening to a combination of Motown R&B, Funk, & Hip Hop.

ETA:

(With a smattering of whatever filtered through Mtv from 1981 until about 1994…)

1 Like

Seen this? Highly recommended.

3 Likes

The doc about the Funk Brothers and how they played on practically everyone who was anyone’s albums, but never got proper credit or compensation?

Yep, sure have…

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Eight minutes wasn’t enough. Where can I hear more of this??

I mean besides Bali. Though that would be good, too.

4 Likes