Da Musicz

It was like a deeper voice warbling of Stevie Nicks.

2 Likes

Everyone knows that this summer is the 40th anniversary of Joy Division’s Unknown Pleasures? I just read Jon Savage’s oral history of the band. Rollin’s did a review:

Some extracts:

Although it’s a story we all think we know, it’s worth reading. There really was nothing else like them. When I listen to JD I still feel like I’m hearing the future…

9 Likes
6 Likes

Enjoying a couple of tracks/albums at the moment.

Al Sourah - the photo. From Two Niles to Sing a Melody: The Violins & Synths of Sudan
(I haven’t listened to the whole album yet)

And some Japanese psychedelic rock from
Kikagaku Moyo

6 Likes
5 Likes

Because, Native American rocker.

Link Wray, who was Shawnee. Wray “made an indelible mark on the whole evolution of where rock ’n’ roll was going to go,” Robbie Robertson of the Band says. Wray’s 1958 single, “Rumble,” was banned from airplay in several cities amid worries that it would incite teenage gang violence (despite being a wordless, instrumental tune), and Wray’s guitar line seems to echo in every power chord you’ve heard.”

(Fuck those headdress wearing hipster idiots in Ca.!)

6 Likes

I think just about anything she touched became magic.

1 Like

PP Arnold:

And her backup band. The usual country ballideering of this song is not to be found here behind the sonic wall of energy.

1 Like

Edit: added the trailer…

3 Likes
2 Likes

Because, The Kills. Kissy Kissy (Long time Coming)

Looks like fun!

2 Likes

Tool just released their first song in 13 years (!)

4 Likes

Holy cow, it’s really been 13 years since 10,000 Days!?! Went to pre-order, it’s digital only, or $45 for a CD that comes with a pile of cruft. :confused:

[yes, I’m old, don’t trust other people’s servers, and require physical media in case my digital files get corrupted/hacked. again.]

2 Likes

Hopefully they’ll also make a non-limited-edition CD available without the USB cable and portable speaker add-ons! Tool’s package design has always been on another level.

1 Like

I’m finding Shooting Star more enjoyable now that I don’t have to hear it 10 times a night every weekend.

I still prefer the older style of breakbeat happy hardcore though.

Break Glass in Case of a Beach Day

Because well, Psycho Beach Party :smile: Featuring music by:

4 Likes

Has someone posted this yet?

7 Likes

Also, 2 more of those Unknown Pleasures reimagined videos…

Candidate:

And Interzone:

Which… I don’t know if I like this one very much.

2 Likes

G’damn she’s got some pipes!

3 Likes