Daily Beast: GOP Senate candidate Herschel Walker paid for girlfriend's abortion

Originally published at: Daily Beast: GOP Senate candidate Herschel Walker paid for girlfriend's abortion | Boing Boing

10 Likes
46 Likes

shocked philip j fry GIF

14 Likes

Spoiler: The MAGA crowd will continue to frame this serial liar and abortion-financing absentee father to (at least) four kids by (at least) four different women as the “Christian” candidate even though his opponent is literally a pastor.

48 Likes

“AT LEAST HE STEPPED UP LIKE A MAN AND PAID FOR IT. THAT’S THE CHRISTIAN THING TO DO.”
– The Evangelical Church of the Mulligan

19 Likes

Archived version: archive.ph

4 Likes

Abortion is nothing to be ashamed of.

Hypocrisy is.

29 Likes

24 Likes

Which is why this isn’t a lack of personal consistency for him, but it’s also why the anti-choice MAGAts supporting him won’t even blink at this news either. After these years of Trump, it’s obvious that showing they don’t follow or believe their own rules doesn’t diminish them in their followers’ eyes.

15 Likes
35 Likes

Heh. In one of Stephen King’s latest books, a right-wing GOPer running for a senate seat loses the election because exactly this scenario comes to light days before the vote. It will be interesting to see if life fully imitates art.

11 Likes

giphy

15 Likes

I was going to ask what possible motivation he has for taking his anti-abortion stance to extremes that even many right wingers would find unreasonable, but this says everything anyone needs to know. Somebody check this man’s basement for bodies, please.

12 Likes

Happy Fathers Day GIF by Nick Kroll

9 Likes

This is the only part of this story that I find the least bit surprising.

15 Likes

Well, yeah, but that pastor is in favor of equity and such like… is he a REAL pastor? Everyone knows that only authoritarians are “real” Christians… /s

Shakes Head No GIF by Election 2020

16 Likes

Erik Erickson’s response is interesting. Was it common knowledge among conservative pundits that he had paid for at least one abortion? What else does they know about him if they’re not telling the rest of us? And yes, people change, but what evidence is there that he’s changed for the better? He’s not honest now. The guy is still making life miserable for his offspring.

1 Like

Christian Walker is no ally (he appears to be a hardline Republican) but Glenn Greenwald once again demonstrated his talent for being hilariously wrong on virtually every issue.

6 Likes

I wonder if Greenwald ever says anymore what he actually believes or stands for. Seems like all he does anymore is throw stones at “liberals.”

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure that Glenn Greenwald believes that Glenn Greenwald is not just the most intelligent person on earth, but the only intelligent person who has ever lived.

3 Likes