Daily Wire host calls for life in prison — "at least" — for parents who choose surrogacy (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/05/daily-wire-host-calls-for-life-in-prison-at-least-for-parents-who-choose-surrogacy-video.html

8 Likes

NYT headline for the story: “Some Conservatives Express Concern and Doubt About Surrogacy”.

23 Likes

So when are they going after ED pills? We don’t inadequate men impregnating our females.

11 Likes

Don’t give them any ideas; abstinence may be next on the chopping block.

I shutter to think that pedophilia and rape may no longer be crimes, but the civic duty amongst their chosen ranks.

9 Likes

i liked how the asshat said “purchase” a child like we wouldn’t notice that was quite a jump.

12 Likes

Did this dipshit give any details on exactly when he thought the participants should be executed? Like, do they wait for the baby to be born, or nah? And if the baby is born and then all the adults are executed afterwards, I assume our robust social services will step in and ha ha ha I couldn’t even finish that.

13 Likes

How?! In what possible universe is there a similarity between IVF and these things?! Do these people know anything about these things?

And also: anyone who ever claims conservatives are for “small government”, “freedom”, and “less regulation” should be mocked always and forever. It is provably false.

17 Likes

A GF who was considering IVF furiously told me then-preznit shrub, jr (AKA dubya) refused to assist would-be families w/funding for IVF, until he and his wife needed IVF.

Wonder what they think about all this rethuglicant fuckery.

8 Likes

close.

10 Likes

So how long before they start advocating for euthanizing women of child bearing age who are unable to have children? They think women only exist to have and raise babies. They don’t want women to have children via IVF or surrogacy. So…what even is the point of women who can’t have children?

12 Likes

Or past.

oNlpyr

5 Likes

A perennial asshole

6 Likes

Better throw infertile men in that pile, too. Especially ones that got themselves sterilized, like me.

7 Likes

That is not how they think. Men are bread winners. They can do work outside the home, which has value. Women are breeders. That’s their only function. It’s not men’s only function. These people hate women. Women, to them, have one purpose, and only one purpose, and if they can’t do that, they’re worthless.

11 Likes

Yes, I’m aware.

2 Likes

ef2b4bf4-e3f6-499f-a2b6-2913ac6a45b9_text

6 Likes

“So, why exactly do you think that surrogacy is evil?”

“It’s hateful to God, according to this interpretation of scripture that is found nowhere in the Bible, but which I just made up.”

“I see. Which is interesting, because a rather significant part of the New Testament actually deals with someone – God – who couldn’t have children, so he found a young woman to carry his son to term. And unlike the typical surrogacy agreement, I don’t believe he actually asked her consent or compensated her in any way before going ahead with the project.”

16 Likes

These are the same kinds of people who complain about declining birth rates. So, you want more babies, but you want it to be much more difficult for people to achieve?

6 Likes

Everyone knows that you deal with imbalances in supply and demand by moving those whose interest in children exceeds local supply to a new parish as quietly as possible.

Making arrangements with informed consent to move children around, on the other hand, is just a monstrous violation of natural law for reasons.

3 Likes

I would be…interested…to know if this is one of those situations where he’s 150% against it as a perceived manifestation of uppity career women having it both ways(not to mention what the homosexuals might be doing); but would mysteriously see exemplary punishment as not a priority if, say, Musk decides that using the cheapest wombs in the developing world as an efficient way to scale up his personal project to have plenty of eugenic children.

Maybe he’s an authentic true believer; but this sure seems like the sort of issue where going full hardcore moralist is all fun and games so long as you are thinking about homosexuals and women; but when the right sort of gentleman who sees the low cost availability of developing world bodies as a great alternative to pregnancy totally ruining his trophy wife’s figure it will suddenly be OK.

4 Likes