Dallas cop charged with manslaughter after killing neighbor in his apartment

Obviously a violent home invasion, the confusing part would be figuring out how to react.

Well, people who think it’s reasonable to spontaneously shoot people when they step into the wrong anonymous cubbyhole, and those who don’t.

9 Likes

According to the victim’s (family’s?) attorney, there may be a bit of history between the two. I.e, noise complaints.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/attorney-reveals-potential-link-dallas-cop-innocent-man-gunned-apartment/

7 Likes

If she’d just come home from a 15-hour shift how was she making noise complaints that same day? She wasn’t THERE all day according to her story.

5 Likes

I think she may have made a complaint at the time of her arrival home, then went upstairs.

You say that with such certainty, but it is just speculation.

If the context was sitting around with a bunch of Nazis and they were all grinning like idiots, then yeah. Sitting and having your hands/fingers land in a familiar way isn’t necessarily intentional. We are great at seeing patterns.

Occam’s razor and all. Making everything a conspiracy or dog whistle will act as white noise disguising the real stuff.

13 Likes

Wow if they could prove that… that’s premeditated murder. Certainly puts the kibosh on "oops I went to the wrong apartment. "

6 Likes

Funny, sad and true; all at the same time.

9 Likes

Those are the ones that bite; for people with working empathy, or just plain experience.

5 Likes

hand signal

7 Likes

That bird from Obama made me laugh out loud, as it looks 100% intentional!

I have to admit that i didn’t watch the video at my link, but my impression was of several noise complaints in the past.

1 Like

My razor says to try and hold your arms and fingers that way. Throw my hands as though my fingers are random straws and I don’t get an “O” without trying for it, and I can’t hold it for long without exercising some will. It might be an accidental arrangement of limbs exacerbated by a childhood injury, say, that makes her index finger curl that way, but what are the odds? Damn tiny. It seems to me that the speculation comes in at grasping for that tiny chance, while ignoring the context.

If it’s a complete coincidence that her hand just happened to make a purported white power sign on national TV just like a troll after she’s been a cog in a racist machine and moved to a different nasty job — I don’t know what she’s doing for Kavanaugh, but these hearings have him looking like a likely piece of work — and it can be demonstrated, I shall make a fulsome apology to anyone who needs it.

It seems to me that etiquette demands that Bash apologise for the “accidental” offence caused, and she doesn’t seem to have done that. It shouldn’t be difficult.

5 Likes

The linked article has Botham’s lawyer saying that there was a noise complaint from her apartment the same day he was murdered.

4 Likes

Yeah, someone posted that earlier. Again, looks like he’s trying to say “PD”.

There are white power hand signs (scroll up to the link posted by the ADL). This isn’t one I have seen listed as one.

I wish racist shit heads would stop trying to co-opt the circle game.

Assholes.

10 Likes

Does it matter? Just some sort of life lesson, because clearly she needs one. Or do you mean just some relatively peaceful time incarcerated in which she’ll realize the myriad errors of her way and make a change for the better?

It looks like this is a response to a deleted response to a deleted response

• prison is shitty enough without us encouraging more shittiness for prisoners

• disagree all you want but arguing about this is off topic

7 Likes

Allison Jean, the mother of 26-year-old Botham Jean, said on Friday that her son’s name was smeared by reports that police found 10.4 grams of marijuana in his apartment.

She also says she wants to see the toxicology report for off-duty officer Amber Guyger, who said she mistook Botham Jean’s apartment for her own and shot him when he did not obey her verbal commands.

11 Likes