Dangerous Dates: Fact, Fiction, or Documentary?

This is obviously staged.

2 Likes

episode 8 bullshit GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

This very thing happens on a nightly basis all around the world.

22 Likes

Do tell; why do you automatically think the woman in the story is lying?

Also Iā€™m kinda already over some of the dudes in this thread immediately trying to center this story around themselves:

So what if YOU are happily coupled up and havenā€™t been in the dating scene for years?

23 Likes

wimmin be lyinā€™! /s

19 Likes

Why do you think that? This is a completely believable scenario and the womanā€™s discomfort is very real. I suppose she could just be a stellar actress but my money is on the controlling asshole being real.

I wish she had felt like she could just leave :pensive: she shouldnā€™t have had to put up with that

25 Likes

Well if it is not staged, it certainly is weird the same guyā€™s voice is in all of her videos. Same guy in the Supermarket, same guy in the gym, etc.

2 Likes

Soā€¦ no actual evidence, then?

Everything is a hoax, or a stunt for attention; I get it.

None of the horrific life experiences that women (and Black folks and LGBTQ+ folks etc) post about are true - itā€™s all just us ā€˜overreactingā€™ and trying to make men look bad. Constantly.

ā€œItā€™s all in out heads,ā€ reallyā€¦

17 Likes

Or she uses a vocal distortion tool because she isnā€™t mean? Or sheā€™s afraid the guys will retaliate if she doesnā€™t change their voices. Or she has a friend say what the guys said as an overlay to the video instead of tech disguise.

Seriously. Why is is it so unbelievable to you that a guy would act like that? Why go straight for saying itā€™s staged and then go looking thru her other videos for evidence?

27 Likes

In my experience, many people only believe what they actively WANT to believe.

18 Likes

This is important especially if you live in a state that requires both parties consent to an audio recording. (California is two-party consent state.)

(I know that you know, @Kii :wink:)

17 Likes

BBS rules prevent from replying to this as Iā€™d like. Please read through the thread.

17 Likes

Evidence in case she turns up dead.

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

13 Likes

Iā€™m not saying that this does not happen. Iā€™m just saying it sounds fake. The guy sounds like he is micā€™d and speaking as if he knows he is being recorded (speaking loud and clear, putting on a certain tone).

Since I never got a real answer from the other guy, Iā€™ll ask you:

WHY do you just automatically assume that this situation didnā€™t actually happen?

Just because many women are ā€œparanoid,ā€ doesnā€™t mean that misogyny isnā€™t out to get us.

Not just on dates; whenever exercising, shopping, or being in any public space.

People who immediately assume it must be fake are part of the problem; fish donā€™t see water.

18 Likes

I didnā€™t automatically assume this didnā€™t happen! I went to watch the video with full confidence that it actually did. Until I heard the guy speak. And he sounds like someone who is not good at acting, acting.

Why are people assuming the worse of me for asking a question? The question is does he sound off to anyone else? No? Ok, sounds a bit off to me.

Is everything on the internet real to you?

2 Likes

Iā€™m guessing that you didnā€™t bother reading the previous comments before adding your own valuable two cents:

https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/woman-records-her-dinner-date-with-a-creepy-nice-guy/240960/38?u=melizmatic

Itā€™s not about me, either.

17 Likes

The guy sounded fake to me tooā€¦ Just like a guy acting fake to manipulate another person though. Like some one at the end pretending not to be insecure and angry over lack of control. Considering being fake is what the video is aboutā€¦

So I guess what Iā€™m saying is even though this is a video on TikTok itā€™s also a fact that real people in the real world also sound fake and put on all the damn time.

20 Likes

Weā€™re not. Weā€™re just assuming you didnā€™t bother to read the thread before chiming in, because if you had, you would have different questions. Which shows how much value you put in the ideas and opinions of others in this community. :woman_shrugging:t2:

19 Likes

Internet_dog

12 Likes