Daryl Hall gets a restraining order against partner John Oates

Originally published at: Hall vs Oates with a restraining order

3 Likes

Say it isn’t so…

15 Likes

I haven’t see much from Daryl Hall but I have been following John Oates recent work. Roots stuff. Listening to him host a radio show and talking was interesting too.

So, is Hall saying Oates is scrounging? (Life of Brian misquote). With all the business partner not creative partner? That feels at odds with my experience.

But boy, good lesson on success not being the end. Glad they’re both alive and kicking.

6 Likes

Give them a decade or so and maybe they’ll do a concert together in Central Park…

13 Likes

We’ll never know the whole truth behind the restraining order, unless we enlist the help of some Private Eyes, or a Man On A Mission. My Intuition tells me Someday We’ll Know but until then Some Things Are Better Left Unsaid. Maybe they fell out over the Rich Girl, who said I’m Sorry, but now She’s Gone. Maybe someday they’ll be Back Together Again.

I had no idea they had so many hits!

23 Likes

I call for a tag team cage match with Simon&Hall vs Garfunkel&Oates (not those ones).

9 Likes

A Google search of Daryl Hall’s net worth puts him at $70 million. John Oates is $60 million.

Suck It Up American Horror Story GIF by AHS

9 Likes

One thing 's for sure, Oates is now on Hall’s List

8 Likes

You think it’s Kiss and make up time?

8 Likes

JMHO: I’ve never cared much for H&O, and I cared even less when they effed up Mike Oldfield’s, et al, Family Man.

4 Likes

He’s been doing some fun collabs on his YouTube channel.

11 Likes

Daryl Hall & John Oates are considered to be the most successful pop duo of all time

Who by? Citation please?

One of the most successful, granted - but most successful? By what criteria?

I don’t even know where to start with other duos that may have been more “successful” …

7 Likes

Understand Captain America GIF

14 Likes

If you base it on number of hit songs, and total weeks of those songs spent on the charts, it’s not really even close. It’s Hall & Oates.

10 Likes

That’ll be the US charts, then? Fair enough.

3 Likes

Well they are a US band, so yes. If we want to expand to a global scale, I have no idea. It’s entirely possible that there’s a pop duo in India or China that has been more successful by some measurement, but come on…this isn’t an exhaustive research paper. It’s a relatively unimportant blog post about a US pop duo.

6 Likes

We never buy anything from Uline anymore, but we still get their catalogs in the mail like clockwork. I was amazed to see a photo spread of Hall & Oates doing an impromptu set in their warehouse, for reasons I cannot fathom (I mean, money probably.)

Looks like they played a private party for the Uihlein family too, so their standing has dropped quite a bit in my book:

4 Likes

America only.

Otherwise I doubt they’re close.

Simon and Garfunkel would obviously be way ahead as a for example. Hall and Oates were seriously uncool 80s schlock.

3 Likes

From the link I posted earlier, Hall & Oates are #1, and Simon and Garfunkel (who are also a US duo) are #7. I suspect if we were able to look up global record sales, Hall & Oates would be #1 world wide by a fair margin.

Also, to be clear for everyone, I am not saying Hall & Oates are the best duo or the greatest duo, or even a good band. The claim was that they were the most successful. That measurement is probably going to have to be hit records and record sales, and by that measure, I doubt anyone is close to Hall & Oates, in the US for sure, and possibly even world wide.

6 Likes

And I’m saying if you went worldwide they probably would scrape in to the top five.