David Icke banned from Facebook

Or profitability they can’t ignore. With people like Icky (sic), I imagine he mainly gets rebroadcast by the like-minded. With trump, every individual and information outlet, regardless of persuasion, is rebroadcasting his deadly idiocy and lies in a constant stream until he tells the next outlandish thing that replaces it. No matter where your sensibilities lie, they will be constantly bombarded from every direction. Must be quite profitable.

Edit for clarity & grammar.

4 Likes

Icke? Ick.

3 Likes

I didn’t realize antisemitism was ever entertaining…

2 Likes

When I started watching turquoise track suit interview, I thought maybe he was a bit nutty but perhaps his environmentalist world poverty points had merit.
Then I saw this which flipped the bozo bit for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSkNIpNWX0k
He using the same bad faith arguments that other corporate shills do (‘it’s warmer than it used to be because we’re emerging from a mini ice-age.’ Fuck that)
Quite ironic really.

1 Like

Arguable exceptions:

• Mel Brooks’ The Producers
  • Certain Sacha Baron Cohen bits
  • Jojo Rabbit maybe? (Still haven’t seen it but I hear it’s good)

That’s all I got. And in all cases they only work because they actively mock antisemitism.

2 Likes

I am sorry, I had absolutely no idea that he was an antisemite, while I was clicking through his conspiracy stories on a website over 20 years ago. I was, however, surprised to see that he was still around and continuing to make off-the-wall, misguided, ridiculous, dangerous and unfounded assertions about really important and relevant topics. He espoused many, many wild and far-reaching conspiracy theories over the years, not all of them original. AIDS was created in a laboratory by the UN? As for me, nearly a quarter of my classmates where I went to elementary school, middle school and high school were Jewish or descendants from holocaust survivors. From a very early age, I developed a respect for them (and others) that was only strengthened over the years. Later, I studied Nazi Germany and the European Union in Germany from German professors who meticulously exposed the nasty, insidious and coopting machinations of the fascist Nazi antisemites and their willing and fearful supporters. So please do not assume that because I found some of the wacky stories linked on Icke’s old website entertaining that I find antisemitism entertaining. I don’t. On the contrary, I find it sickening. Now, I think I will go roast a marshmellow with my kids.

2 Likes

It’s okay. A woman said it, so you don’t have to take it seriously.

Completely debatable; personally, I’ve never found any of Cohen’s work funny, though I do appreciate his past ridicule and exposure of hateful bigots and pervs.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.