"Day For Decision" is a 1966 right-wing protest song that MAGA cultists would love

Originally published at: "Day For Decision" is a 1966 song that MAGA would love

1 Like

why even digging this up and post it, @markfrauenfelder? shit like that should be buried and forgotten.

3 Likes

Like everything else about “MAGA,” they’re just another generation’s version of “the country is going to hell in a handbasket because of a lack of real patriotism and adherence to tradition!” Shit’s as old as the country. I expect someone in 1860 was saying “damned kids, got no respect for patriotism, what with their free the slaves nonsense!”

Man - Cloud - Fist - Shake

10 Likes

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

And to show that this sentiment is nothing new or unusual in society, and shouldn’t be acted on as if it is perceived as new.

Edit: iPad deleted the end of the sentence. Magic.

4 Likes

thats pretty extensive, given its about one song. nobody is “forgetting history” by wishing this specific shit isnt advertised here, even in this context. and it does seem that it is already in the maga-hitlist, its fucking listed at apple music, available in the itunesstore and distributed by warner.

there are rightwing/fascist musicians in country and western from the 60s? wow, thats news. never figured that. /s

(edited after checking some of my self-righteousness)

3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

hard to believe this came out on Westbound, home of Funkadelic and the Ohio Players.

1 Like

jeeeeezez! whataboutism at its finest. and everything else. fuckyeah, canada to the win!

giphy

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your comment. I was not aware of “Day For Decision” until yesterday. While I’m aware that right-wing sentiments have always been present in music and popular culture, this particular song stood out due to its direct parallels with the themes we see in today’s political landscape, especially within the MAGA movement.

The song is a good example of how themes of nostalgia, the desire for a return to “the good old days,” and concerns about changing social values have been long-standing in right-wing discourse.

Considering such pieces of our past, even if they are considered ‘shit,’ is important to me because it helps me understand our current societal and political dynamics more fully. That’s why I posted it, rather than burying and forgetting it.

8 Likes

very nice to see you in the comment section again, mark. and thank you for the nice and detailed reply; I see and get it :wink: thnx again and much appreciated.

5 Likes

Unicorn chaser…

4 Likes

No, it will be live streamed. And it will make me look five kilos thinner.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.