Daylight savings 2022

I once accidentally stood up a date because of this shit. Beautiful tall ginger art girl, and never got a second chance! Curse you, time change! I never wanted more daylight anyway!

5 Likes

Wait, Australia has a 1.5 hour time zone? WTF? I suppose my long standing conviction that despite the lyric, it can’t possibly be “five o’clock somewhere” if the local time is “half past twelve” might not be true?

6 Likes

F’n A, y’all. Senate Unanimously Passes Bill to Make Daylight Saving Time Permanent - CNET

4 Likes

Does this mean I might be permanently trapped in the future or will I take one more trip back in time and be forced to stay there.

3 Likes

I guess it depends on where you live? Time is a construct and so on, after all.

1 Like

sesame street muppets GIF

Wow! Thanks for the notice! If the recent past is any indicator, passing the senate was the main hurdle, so we should expect it to clear the House.
Now I’m feeling nostalgic about this week’s brain fog…just kidding!

4 Likes

I would be so happy if we scrapped time changes, I don’t even know what I’d do. I’ll likely be Kermit-ing all over the place.

Dare I give myself over to hope in this increasingly terrible hell-world? I just might.

3 Likes

IKR? As soon as I hit reply I found myself thinking, “shit! I hope I don’t jinx it!”
It’s such a comparatively small win, but a win nonetheless.

Next stop: Coordinated Universal Time!

3 Likes

You think that’s bad- Nepal’s time zone is set at +5 3/4, putting them 15 mins ahead of India to their south, and 2 hours and 15 minutes behind China to their north. (China is another oddity having the entire country on a single time zone, which leaves the far west completely out of line with the solar day.)

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
- Douglas Adams

4 Likes

As a child, I always thought the clocks went back on a Monday, because me mam never reset them on the Sunday, so that there was at least one day a year when we weren’t late for school.

1 Like

Fucking Rubio, they’re doing it wrong! We need Standard Time made permanent, not DST! Idiots gotta go against the science!

3 Likes

You’re not wrong, but any end to the fucking madness of changing the clocks is welcome by me.

2 Likes

Other places are on half-hour time: Newfoundland, Iran, Nepal come to mind. (Of course, to them we’re the ones that are on half-hour time. cf Goodman’s Paradox.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.