DC's Blue Beetle takes flight in action-packed trailer

Originally published at: DC's Blue Beetle takes flight in action-packed trailer | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I prefer the classic version.

7 Likes
9 Likes

That was an incredibly underwhelming trailer. Much generic, very bland. I hope DC can right the ship, but I’m not counting on this title to do it.

3 Likes

I stopped watching it, as it looked like one of those trailers that wants to give a hyperfast pastiche of every major event and surprise in the movie, sucking all the freshness out of actually watching the movie.

3 Likes

Is that supposed to be the same character? It would be weird if DC and Marvel both had characters together on a show… thought they didn’t get the rights until 1983 from Charlton Comics.

It could just be a more generic name lightly treading on a little used trademark at the time.

2 Likes

Electric Company was a ‘70s program so the rights would have still been with Charlton. Perhaps Charlton was easy to negotiate with.

3 Likes

Marvel was also easier to get along with in the 70s, with Stan Lee trying to shill him out.

3 Likes

Blue Beetle is actually a really old character, he had his own radio adventure program in the 40’s. Created in 1939 for Fox Comics, Charlton bought the strip when Fox went out of business, and DC later bought the Charlton characters.

4 Likes

One of my sons told me Shazam wasn’t even worth pirating, which sounds pretty damning.

3 Likes

I quite liked the first one! Haven’t seen the 2nd.

1 Like

It is nice to see a faithfulish rendition of Ted Cord’s Bug.

The Blue Beetle run from Paris Cullins and Len Wein are some of my favourite comics.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.