Death is freedom: Republicans pass Obamacare repeal bill

Not quite…

Republicans erupted in cheers when the measure passed, and Democrats erupted in song, singing “na, na, na, na, hey, hey, hey, goodbye,” alluding to their political futures after the vote.

Still bad taste by the Democrats to mock their opponents rather than mourn those who will get hurt, but no, it doesn’t look like they actively cheered the bill’s passing.

6 Likes

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself, oh, and red state republicans looking to give 45 a ‘win’ and a photo-op at the cost of millions of Americans.

6 Likes

So… it turns out those “Death Panels” the Republicans were going on and on about are, in fact, the Republicans themselves. Who would have thought it? I mean, besides anyone paying attention…

I fucking hope so. I can’t really see the path there, given how totally reactionary the Repugs have become, but…

Oh, you better believe the Democrats are going to remind people. They’ve got a lot of nice, pithy statements and questions they’re putting together right now that are pretty devastating. Importantly, voters are already mobilizing to remove those who voted for this. This one is going to be hard for the Republicans to get away from, I think.

24 Likes

The USA, despite all of its big talk, is a remarkably backwards place. And a lot of the population sees ignorance as patriotic.

31 Likes

As an American, neither can I. Somehow it boils down to a small, angry, incredibly ignorant minority of our people and a small, angry, greedy bunch of lawmakers being able to destroy things most Americans deeply want, against our wishes. I’m powerless and helpless to watch them being taken away.

32 Likes

Thank you, corrected.

5 Likes

I can already hear the ads in 2018 made from Trump’s soundbite “This was a repeal and replace of Obamacare. Make no mistake about it.”

It’s a third world nation that lives vicariously through it’s first world residents.

24 Likes

This is literally the last shred of hope I’m holding onto. That the current administration will fuck things up SO badly over the next couple years and the Democrats botch the midterms so badly that 2020 gives the Berniecrats and Independents enough power to step in and fix things.

9 Likes

Yep! I live in Tennessee though so no chance of that happening…

True that. Whores actually help out in a way.

But the three people Barry asked said they did! Isn’t that enough of a sample size?

1 Like

Very true and I wish to $DEITY that I could move to any other country.

3 Likes

Which is weird, considering that pretty much everyone loves almost everything in it.

1 Like

It will be interesting to see if this ends up getting into the conversation about Georgia’s 6th district runnoff vote next month.

3 Likes

There’s just no other way to put it—I hate this country.

10 Likes

I think you may have misread that. Note the “H” in the abbreviation – that’s the Trumpcare one.

4 Likes

Ah. You may be correct. How many bananas?

I can’t imagine that any half-competent Democratic challenger won’t be using this as a stick to beat down their opponent. Such a nice, big stick.

I was at that point when Trump got the Republican nomination; doubly so when he got elected.

8 Likes

My wife had a flag when I moved in. After election day we decided to move it to a more suitable location.

10 Likes

Stop whining, and do something. Endlessly whining on the Internet is doing absolutely nothing. Marching in the streets with signs is getting us no where. Let us take a page from the French, and let us take the fight to those who are relentlessly striping us of our rights and safety. Let us attack their homes, their business, their lives, just as they refuse to cesse doing to us. Let us make them feel as scared and unsafe as we are right now. An eye for an eye is not always the right answer, and should never be, but this crosses a line, now it’s our responsibility to take control of our country, to take control of our lives, our future.
Sometimes the only answer to cruelty, is to pick it up for yourself, and aim it right back at the cruel.

I am dead serious, message me, any of those who would dare defy these monsters.

1 Like

You’re suggesting that the answer to a crappy healthcare law is to, what, burn down the government? Kill the president? What are you literally suggesting here?

16 Likes