Deaths: Harold Bornstein, NY physician who lied that Trump was healthiest president ever, dead at 73

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/14/deaths-harold-bornstein-ny-physician-who-lied-that-trump-was-healthiest-president-ever-dead-at-73.html

7 Likes

The doctor is gone while the patient survives. This world is completely unjust.

9 Likes

Well, he DID outlive Herman Cain.

9 Likes

If we’re living in a simulation then it’s filled with really dark jokes.

9 Likes

Oh, that was his name, was it? I always assumed he was called Gag Halfrunt.

11 Likes

He later admitted that he didn’t write the letter. Trump did (duh) and he just signed his name to it.

16 Likes

I typically don’t wish ill health on anyone, so RIP DR Bornstein.

But can someone PLEASE go into his office and straighten the friggin’ frames? My OCD is going to give me a heart attack if I have to look at this picture again.

16 Likes

Ahhh, the picture of health! ^^

@longtimelurker - Don’t worry, I’m pretty sure those frames will be taken down soon, if they haven’t already.

5 Likes

Yeah, but will his Twitter account?

11 Likes

Side note: I’d love to see what those awards were actually for.

3 Likes

What a dick move. Most parents would leave their kids a condo or a record collection or something.

25 Likes

To be fair, Bornstein didn’t lie. He allowed his name to be affixed to a lie that Donald Trump made. Which is worse, really.

Dang, he was awfully young. Obviously it could have been an accident or something unavoidable, but I suspect he got the same level of health care that he provided - i.e. whatever the patient wanted, including whatever drugs, even if it wasn’t appropriate for their condition or good for them. These kind of elite private medical services don’t necessarily provide great healthcare as a result.

5 Likes

And arrange the damned icons on his desktop!

If the Borribles ever needed a Gandalf, he was their man!

5 Likes

Funny, that pic always triggers some OCD in me too, but for me it’s the way he has both a name badge AND, immediately above, his name monogrammed into his lab coat…

3 Likes

Quite possibly the most significant historical event was when Trump showed up with a thug, and had the thug grab Trump’s medical files/records/reports. https://lawandcrime.com/legal-analysis/a-whole-bunch-of-laws-were-violated-by-trumps-team-if-dr-bornsteins-story-is-true/
Which calls into question what was hidden. Honest weight? Venereal disease? Meds? Bone spur recurrence? And do those files still exist somewhere, or where they destroyed?

11 Likes

I realize it’s pretty common to refer to things like paintings not being straight, dislike for interrupted patterns or, for me, different colour temperature light bulbs used in a common installation as “OCD”, but let’s try not to do that, it minimizes the effects actual OCD has on sufferers.

I may wish horrible things upon people who can’t colour match light bulbs, but it isn’t OCD.

Thank you.

11 Likes

Unhinged Donnie’s still alive, isn’t he? So Bornstein’s not proven wrong yet.
But the bigger question: Was he Druggy Donnie’s Dr. Feelgood? If so, who will or can replace him? Junior Mint’s pusher, maybe? And surely Donnie desperately needs a Dr. Feelgood as his life as a complete piece of shit is coming undone.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Probably misaligned by furious patients bashing him around and up against the walls. “You fucking quack!”

3 Likes

The man was a gastroenterologist - if anyone knows about assholes it’s him!

5 Likes