Deepfaking Trump and Kushner into Breaking Bad

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/18/deepfaking-trump-and-kushner-i.html

3 Likes

I see Dauber from Coach.

1 Like

They can deepfake voices now too??

4 Likes

tumblr_89ed5bcc1be58e739132501b065740c6_7b839d47_640

15 Likes

They can indeed. Companies have already been scammed out of money by the “CEO” calling to tell people they need a money transfer ASAP.

3 Likes

I don’t recognize the original scene. What season is it from?

There is a voice artist credited at the end of the video.

2 Likes

Nah, I’m good.

1 Like

Getting very creepy.

sounds like a challenge…

If you can’t recognise it, maybe they took a video of Trump and Kushner and made it look like ‘Breaking Bad’ or ‘Better Call Saul’. Either way, there is not a lot to do.

Kushner didn’t look right to me until I realized why … the deep-fake version had more expression and “life” than the real-life Kushner has ever showed! Real-life Kushner is like a barely animate Ken doll.

3 Likes

The level of sophistication is just insane. But I think I’m even more impressed by the voice work. It’s almost flawless and completely credible.

1 Like

Technology aside, the scene is completely in-credible. The body gestures are wrong. The hair is wrong. And “Trump” is speaking in full sentences and making a coherent argument (thesis and premises, not just one or the other).

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.