Defeated, Donald Trump searches for a new lawyer

I’m guessing he’s hoping the new lawyer will work for exposure.

The lawyer may think that “exposure” means “publicity”.

Given Trump’s history (Cohen, Powell, Giuliani, etc.) “exposure” is more likely to actually mean “liability”.

20 Likes

One would think that even the sleaziest but smart and demonstrably successful limelight-seeking lawyers would come sniffing around… but nope. Too smart.

6 Likes

He’s had a few like that but they never last.

8 Likes

Maybe he should take a drive into Miami and call some of the lawyers who put billboards up along the freeway.

11 Likes

Even if everything Trump said about Lewis Kaplan was true (Announcer, “It wasn’t.”), then…

Dude, that’s not air! Don’t strike a match!

Habba Dabba Didn’t!

9 Likes

“If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you by the court.”

9 Likes

I’m pretty sure that he doesn’t know this trial was about damages. At a guess, the last person who told him that he already lost and there was nothing to do but try to soften the landing was Joe Topochico, and he “resigned”.

6 Likes

He should give a nod to the Christian Reich and start sprinkling demonic in there.

5 Likes

I think Trump has more former lawyers convicted of crimes in his service than he has children.

3 Likes

Capital W, Capital H witch hunts to boot.

3 Likes

Robert Hoover, public defender

11 Likes

I can think of one more legal expert:

bye bye birdie GIF

7 Likes

It works better as prose in the original German.

2 Likes

You may be right, although if that’s the case, I would have questions about how legal it is for a PAC to pay for this kind of thing. “Defending the candidate against well-founded charges of being a colossal scumbag” seems a little outside the usual run of business for a political campaign. Nothing would surprise me less than to learn that it isn’t legal, and that Candidate Trump is about to enter a new realm of fucking around and finding out.

14 Likes

“when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.” :face_vomiting:

6 Likes

This pompous asshole is nearing 80 and has never really been required to find out. I’m not holding my breath that this will finally be the one. He is constantly in the fuck around phase, but the latter part doesn’t ever apply.

3 Likes

Come on, Donny, you don’t need a lawyer. Drop the lawyers entirely and represent yourself. You know you want to, you know your ego is begging for it, so just DO it. What could possibly go wrong? You’re a very stable genius, after all.

18 Likes

This reads like a Nigerian email scam: written deliberately in stupidese, so as to preemptively weed out anyone not dumb enough to fall for the con.

8 Likes

Just a theory, though even the LLM used better grammar and capitalization:

6 Likes

Grab’em by the purse.

5 Likes