Defiant rancher in Nevada beloved by militia groups is a horrible racist, surprising approximately nobody

FoxNews has 24 hours in the day to fill.
Some producer will happily put this stupid fuck on the TV’s…

There’s this thing called Google …

The National Environmental Policy Act, the Endangered Species Act and the Occupational Safety and Health Act were all passed by a Democratic Congress with veto-proof majorities. Nixon acted as liberal as he did because Congress forced him to.

3 Likes

I thought Dick Cheney was the Dick Cheney of the Nixon administration, seeing how Cheney served Nixon as a deputy assistant to the president.

4 Likes

Not that this dude isn’t a horrible racist - I feel pretty safe in assuming he is. But his critique of black peoples’ transition from being controlled by and dependent on slave masters to being controlled by and dependent on the government has an important grain of truth in it - one that I feel confident folks like Malcolm X and the BPP would agree with: black people are not free today, because the government deliberately keeps them dependent.

His implication that the solution is a return to slavery is of course batshit, but his recognition of the problem has some truth to it.

3 Likes

Nobody thinks it’s a little convenient that each time someone opposes this administration, they’re always burned at the stake as a racist? Nobody? Hm.

I never thought I’d live to see so many people swallow so much crap at the same time, but truth is often stranger than fiction - and apparently, more elaborately woven.

Maybe there’s a correlation between people who don’t like the country’s first black president, and racists?

Okay, cheap shot.

Are you arguing that this guy isn’t racist?

4 Likes

Racist tripe alert!

1 Like

Hmm, let’s see, John Boehner opposes this administration. When was he “burned at the stake as a racist”? I forget…

i was just waiting for a reason for this video to become relevant to the bundy saga. http://youtu.be/7EIKtGL6uAo

1 Like

The only thing convenient about this is Cliven Bundy’s willingness to open his mouth and let the racism spew out.

Just a little reminder of what he said

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.

“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

How is “are they better off as slaves” not racist?

I think you are one of the few people swallowing crap here.

4 Likes

‘Redneck’ used to mean union organizer. Ah, how quickly the Fisters seem to forget.

In Bizzaro World, Cliven Bundy is a Muslim and the BB editors are spread eagle out in the Nevada desert ready to take a bullet for him.

POOR people are not free today, thanks to crushing debt, predatory practices, a lack of jobs in general, and a lack of jobs that pay a living wage when they exist. The fact that many poor people are black is a remnant of our slaveholder history, and the fact that we haven’t moved fast enough or thoroughly enough to correct our past wrongs against minorities of all stripes.

THAT is one I feel confident folks like Malcolm X and the BPP would agree with. But not your version, which is an oversimplification of the issue, a “blame the victim” demonization of poor blacks, and a “Get out of jail free” card for elite whites.

5 Likes

Thanks for making that point.
I think we could all collectively make skin color less of an issue if we simply don’t make it an issue. As others have mentioned here: generational turnover might do exactly that. Still, us more elder humans might help the process along.

Yes. I believe that too.

It’s all coming together now.

I’m sorry, but recent experience from Norway tells me that this isn’t necessarily so… Instead I think a lot of these types go underground and their unpalatable thoughts are distilled and refined in the echo chambers they create among themselves, on the Net f.ex. As an example the European Neo-nazi movements have always preyed on the young and impressionable and I don’t see an end to this any time soon.

1 Like

In case you were still wondering, here are some more links.
The first link is to a video with Mr. Bundy expressing his views.

Were you truly surprised when you heard what he said?

3 Likes

I’d just like to point out that Nixon often acted in a way that preempted something more liberal proposed by Congress. There was also legislation he chose not to pick a fight over, instead using his executive powers to influence how a new agency was set up (in the case of the price controls agency he very effectively sabotaged the whole thing).

1 Like