Delicious Madagascar hissing cockroach cake

[Read the post]

1 Like

I just want to swat it, hard.

8 Likes

“Probably delicious”, if you like Boston Creme Pie. . . I know people who think it’s disgusting, and this plays perfectly into their tastes.

1 Like

7 Likes

I’m probably the outlier who loves Boston cream pie but the truth is you had me at “Delicious Madagascar hissing cockroach”.

Note that I didn’t even have to get to cake.

My willingness to try almost anything is probably a sign of serious mental problems.

9 Likes

“So Jealous”

10 Likes

Ooh, cake and lunch!

7 Likes

Does it feature a layer of sliced almonds just under the frosting to give it that proper crunch?

10 Likes

I don’t want to know how a Clark Nova cake got its cream filling.

3 Likes

This reminds me of the cake we had for our William S. Burroughs 100th birthday party here in Bloomington. Here’s a picture, courtesy of our friend Jack Sargeant:

7 Likes

I lived in Madagascar for a year. These things were huge, indestructible and utterly terrifying. I got woken one night by two of them fighting in my backpack. You can wallop them with a hiking boot at full force and they don’t even notice.

Yes I know, why wallop them, but I was 18, it was dark, and I was totally terrified.

6 Likes

But does it hiss?

1 Like

No, no, I’m positive that your reaction was correct.

2 Likes

Oooooh! Save me some thorax!

2 Likes

I took entymology 100 (the bug science one, not the word origin one) in college. At one point the professor took out a Madagascar hissing cockroach and placed it on her shoulder. She invited people to put their ears to it in order to hear it hiss. For a fairly harmless creature, that thing is scary looking. Like a miniature Megalon.

NOT A MADAGASCAR HISSING COCKROACH

2 Likes

I dunno, I find Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches strangely endearing. Then again, I like spiders, too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.