Delta pilot shitfaced on Jaegermeister jailed for 10 months

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/20/delta-pilot-shitfaced-on-jaegermeister-jailed-for-10-months.html

4 Likes

Eh, it might be too sweet for my taste but I do have a soft spot for Jägermeister perhaps because back in my day it wasn’t so associated with college partying so I don’t care, I would prefer Unicum (or Becherovka) but that’s not widely in stores here. Sometimes you make do with the herbal liqueur you have.

4 Likes

I’m a pilot. Zero alcohol is the only number. Zero. But honestly, your headline is wrong. He was not shitfaced. He was over the legal limit to fly, which in the US is half the legal limit to drive. (.04 and nothing in the last eight hours… if he had it on his breath then he prob fell afoul of the eight hour rule too.) Shitfaced is probably inaccurate. And I’m really glad they caught him.

19 Likes

I’ve read a number of articles on how being a pilot is no longer the lucrative career that it used to be. Lots of burnout from being forced into unhealthy schedules and general inability to have a life. Jagermeister, tonic of stunted lives, might be apropos /s

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.