With 10 drinks under his belt, a 69-year-old man charged with groping teen next to him on Delta flight

Originally published at: With 10 drinks under his belt, a 69-year-old man charged with groping teen next to him on Delta flight | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Obligatory reminder that alcohol or other drug use doesn’t excuse felony sexual abuse.

If I had 10 drinks in me, I wouldn’t do this. Neither would most most people. It’s not a justification…it’s not even an excuse, other than a pathetic attempt at one.

41 Likes

Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

25 Likes

Hope he gets max sentence, and Fuck That Guy.

26 Likes

The guy is a creep and deserves to be locked up for sure. No excuses.

Having said that though I just don’t understand people who insist on getting blotto before/during flights and subjecting everyone else around them with their drunken behavior. 10 drinks?? Jesus…aren’t there laws about over serving someone who is already intoxicated?

29 Likes

Assholes gonna asshole.

18 Likes

Roberson said he had eight alcoholic beverages prior to boarding the flight to Seattle and drank two double vodka tonics on the flight, according to a complaint filed in federal court.

If they weren’t stuck in a plane together, I’d just say toss a lit match at the guy, problem solved.
Also, it’s been said, but- alcohol doesn’t magically make you a rapist. Hopefully Roberson gets to learn the hard way that booze isn’t Zero Accountability Juice.

11 Likes

There was a time in my life when I drank like that, because I’m an alcoholic (no alcohol now since 2006). You know what I never did that whole time? Not even once? Sexually assaulted anyone. Or any kind of assault.

28 Likes

I sat next to someone semi-famous on a flight and he got three drinks in five hours him before the flight attendant cut him off. While he didn’t appear inebriated, she told me that she was worried about him driving home. I told her that he probably hired a driver because everyone in SoCal knew that his license had been suspended for multiple DUIs.

10 Likes

My first business class flight I was sitting next to a person who was also drinking as fast as they could possibly get them served. I was slightly horrified later when I found out she was sitting alone in business class while her family (including small children) were back in economy. She mentioned to one of the air hosts at one point she considered the flight her “mini vacation” which is why she was getting hammered.

That aside, I cannot understand why all these horrible men keep assaulting women. I mean, I never even remotely considered doing something like this…was my mother the only person raising a child with morals? I don’t remember “the groping episode” or Leave it to Beaver.

10 Likes

Patriarchy is the answer.

11 Likes

Yup.

Not unlike these guys who say blatantly racist crap and blame it on the bottle. I don’t care how fucked up I might get: I’m at no risk for saying that shit because I don’t ever think that shit.

15 Likes

If I had 10 drinks in me, I’d be passed out, perhaps dying.

10 Likes

Cheers to that. Nor does it cause it. That’s all on the perpetrator. Period.

14 Likes

Pretty sure alcohol just makes you more like yourself, but with the filters off.

7 Likes

Whenever a person like that gets caught and says “That’s not who I am”, my immediate thought is that Mr. Jack Daniels helped show the world exactly who they are.

6 Likes

Yep, like that joke about cocaine. It’s supposedly great because it expands your personality, but what if you’re an asshole?

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.