Democrat Doug Jones beats cowboy cosplay creep Roy Moore in Alabama senate race

The write in votes more than cover the margin of victory. And Alabama’s other GOP senator called for write ins while urging republicans not to vote for Moore on Friday.

Its a shot across the bow of the handful of Republicans who came out against Moore, weekly and at the last minute.

22 Likes

I blame the horse-haters. So hateful.

23 Likes

This is great news, but I can’t help thinking how awful it is that it took numerous sex scandals to make this even a close race…

33 Likes

I suspect that a version of Upgoer 5

http://splasho.com/upgoer5/
may be necessary to communicate with ol’ 45.

When I hear him speak extemporaneously these days, I can’t get over his impoverished vocabulary.

14 Likes

I don’t know how they do it in sophisticated places like Alabama* but write-ins are usually counted last. Maybe he meant early voting which is different and I don’t even know if they have it in Alabama.

• seriously, I live in the Georgia 6th district, if you remember that debacle.
5 Likes

I would blame horse lovers.

Moore didn’t know how to ride for crap. My 8 year old niece is practically Julie Krone in comparison.

20 Likes

It’s going to be a bumpy ride this Christmas around the White House…

tumblr_obmiruFtTm1uyav8ao1_400

16 Likes

The Dems seriously got the most boring, bland, non-threatening, white dude from like Kennesaw they could find in that one didn’t they?

15 Likes

CNN is reporting that no one at Moore’s campaign is answering calls or texts. They don’t even know if he’s called Jones to concede. I’m betting not.

23 Likes

The general levels of absurdity will remain excessive for some time to come, but this momentary inclination back towards sanity is welcome indeed.

19 Likes

Media were reporting the number of write ins, even as who was written in wasn’t being counted yet.

Most of the TV channels, including Trumps faves had a big 'ole “write ins” bar at the bottom of their vote count.

As did the NY Times:

~1.7% of the vote. Larger than the margin of victory at current count

5 Likes

Time for a Cheat Rave!!!

cheatrave

32 Likes

Roger That!

5 Likes

Moore’s manager is already planning o demand a recount if it’s close enough. Oh, Moore quoted scripture, did not concede, and just said god will take care of it.

15 Likes

It means “we have always been at war with Eastasia.”

38 Likes

Five bucks says that the press spends tomorrow interviewing the white racists sharing their apprehension in the face of Moore’s defeat instead of interviewing the oft-ignored people of color who turned out en masse to help Jones win.

39 Likes

Are you kidding? Jon Ossoff, Druid Hills, Paideia School, Georgetown, London School of Economics? That guy has never even been to Kennesaw.

3 Likes

10 Likes

tumblr_p0vsg8SKQp1qewkt2o1_540

22 Likes

Oh but yes "most boring, bland, non-threatening, white dude " that is correct.

7 Likes