Denny's new mascot looks like a turd 💩

2 Likes

As of press time Denny’s has decided to pass on Sausage for the more kid-friendly “Mr. Nutella.”

14 Likes

You gotta be shitting me…

9 Likes

And they say there’s no truth left in advertising!

4 Likes

oh how ya beat me to it

totally looks like Mr. Hanky

5 Likes

The Customer is #1.

(We are #2!)

9 Likes

The only concern I see here is how South Park’s producers are going to respond to the inevitable lawsuit from Denny’s. An out-of-town cousin for Mr. Hankey? No way they’ll pass on that.

3 Likes

Well…to be fair, the more our food looks like shit, the more we usually want to eat it. You know…candy bar in the pool and all.

1 Like

I like that the designer worked in a fedora… somehow seems appropriate? well done

This is why British advertising people faced with US advertising hold up their hands in despair and mutter about races to the bottom.

2 Likes

A fan can dream though.

3 Likes

Reporting for duty:
eta: and yes, I did say ‘duty’.

9 Likes

Okay, for somebody not from the US and not Familiar with the food at Denny´s. What IS that thing supposed to be?

3 Likes

A breakfast sausage link…

2 Likes

So something like a Bratwurst?

2 Likes

Yes, but with far lower quality. If you knew how one was made, not only would you not eat one, you may even turn vegetarian on the spot.

6 Likes

I’d say there’s a fairly decent chance whoever is behind this knows exactly what they’re doing, considering this does not seem to have crossed over the edge into Actually Bad Publicity yet.

This is the Denny’s associated with this, after all.

3 Likes

@Quinquennial

…and muuuuch smaller.

2 Likes

Roughly Trump finger size. (“Freedom fingers”?)

1 Like

Denny’s wishes we had turds like this after eating there.