DeSantis becomes a deer in headlights when questioned about his leaked debate memo

OMFG. The way his facial expression instantly morphed from “I am so fucking doomed and there’s absolutely nothing I can do about it and everybody in the world can see me shitting my brain out my ass” to “smile smile smile am I doing it right like my handlers tried to teach me so glad my teeth are white but I can’t crinkle my eyes in a way that would mimic an actual heartfelt smile my handlers suck they so fucking suck they’re to blame for everything Jill Jill help me mommy please save your lil’ Pookie-kinssssss”.

3 Likes

Right? And he’s the aircraft. He can’t bail out of himself. :rofl:

5 Likes

Or whatever stimulant is making him grind his jaw back and forth like that… dude looks unhinged.

3 Likes

Different scripts.

2 Likes

He’s working on it. He’s mastered anger, now he has to pick another emotion that isn’t too woke.

5 Likes

Abject defeat, I hope.

5 Likes

With Jill being his Lady MacBeth, that’s when Ron could be at his most dangerous. :wink:

1 Like

Did he say he didn’t read the memo? I thought he said it wasn’t his memo. He appeared to answer the question directly and did not appear as a deer in headlights. Who really cares that his campaign said that “The knives are out” for them? It is true and hardly anything you would be worried about “leaking.”

DeSantis is awful, but this clip doesn’t do anything to add to that or reveal it further. Looks like he’s on Wegovy or one of those weight loss drugs though.

(excerpt) Cristina Sosa Noriega, a fellow member of St. Elmo, told The Times that DeSantis rolled his eyes when she spoke of her background as a Hispanic girl who was raised in San Antonio, Texas. Two additional members of the secret society also recounted DeSantis’ expression at the time, according to The Times. “He seemed bored and disinterested,” Sosa Noriega told the newspaper. “It was like I wasn’t worth listening to. I had the feeling that he assumed that I didn’t deserve to be there.”

In response to The Times, a DeSantis spokesman denied that the incident occurred and added that it was “frankly absurd” that any individual would recall "such a detail from decades ago."

(Denial then questioning others’ memories seems to be another one of DeSantis’ default responses — this time through his spokesperson.)

4 Likes

This from the man who likely mispronounced the word “Thai” and when someone corrected him, he thought, “I should do this when I date women so I don’t date someone smarter than me.”

7 Likes

The Boys Smile GIF by Amazon Prime Video

2 Likes

What makes DeSantis so scary to me is that he’s still young, and this really is just his first rodeo. Unless the voters of Florida thoroughly give him the boot soon, he is going to have many more chances long after the shadow of Trump has faded.

2 Likes

He’s term-limited, he can’t be governor again.

Barring death or some totally incapacitating medical event, the Shaitgibbon will be the GOP nominee.

EDIT: And yes, I’m including “being in prison” as non-disqualifying.

4 Likes

Well now that is reassuring.

And I don’t think Trump supporters would let a little thing like Trump’s death stop them from voting for him.

3 Likes

The best thing about Ron DeSantis is that he has no idea whatsoever how to attract any new acolytes outside of Florida. Whatever poisonous populist allure Trump has managed to cultivate isn’t sticking to Meatball Ron.

3 Likes

The Shiatgibbon was famous for decades for being Rich and Famous. DeSantis is just some guy from Florida who’s really bad at retail politics.

6 Likes

One can hope.

1 Like

It’s a good thing that DeSantis has all the charm and charisma of a wet paper towel. He may have had a chance otherwise. He’d be truly dangerous - an extreme right ideologue with some actual smarts and a track record of doing many awful things very effectively.

As it stands, Trump voters will never come to him because he’s not Trump. The more he tries to appeal to that base the more pathetic he looks to them a he’s exposed as being a wannabe. Meanwhile, his extremism and bullying just further alienates the more so-called moderate Republican voters away from him. The more the field fractures, the more it worked in Trump’s favor. Especially with his uncanny ability to make basically everything about him.

It all but guarantees Trump will win the primary short of something truly shocking happening in the next few months.

4 Likes

2 Likes

He can be governor again, he just can’t run the next one.

1 Like