DeSantis comically turns Colorado's ballot decision into plot to destroy him (video)

Originally published at: DeSantis comically turns Colorado's ballot decision into plot to destroy him (video) - Boing Boing

6 Likes

Getting Trump off the ballot was the only way DeSantis’ campaign ever had a prayer of landing the nomination, even when he was one of the least-unpopular alternatives to Trump. If this isn’t the opportunity your campaign was waiting for then what the hell is, you unlikable ass?

shooting-self-in-foot

12 Likes

Ideally, yeah! I’m also hoping for:

Brokered convention
Party split
GOP voters don’t show up on Election Day

and in the meantime:

NY takes all of trump’s money and kicks him into Ny Harbor
Georgia puts him in an orange jumpsuit
The Fed convicts on all charges

And shoot, why not… Melania leaves and takes everything that’s left.

10 Likes

Of course DeSantis is upset. Without Trump on the Ballot, he will have to explain how he lost to Nikki Halley.

6 Likes

I Love Myself Tv Land GIF by YoungerTV

4 Likes

little stunts

You mean like the tiny one that lives in yr trousers, ronny boy?

2 Likes

They’ve really captured his “I pooped my pants!” look in that photo.

4 Likes
6 Likes

It’s right up there with the Fallon Laugh.

4 Likes

The GOP had two opportunities to be done with Trump once and for all, and they declined to take them (the two impeachments). Why would you think any of them would try to take him down now? Even Christie isn’t supporting the Col. SC decision.

5 Likes

What’s funny about that photo you posted is that Desantis’ toes would be perfectly safe with the gun aimed that way. That whole end of his shoe is empty.

7 Likes

That shot wouldn’t hurt him; DeSatan’s toes are further back.

4 Likes

What a moron! He could have used that as an opportunity to boost himself as a suitable candidate. Instead he is just stumping for a Trump VP position.

Btw it was 6 Republicans who filed the suit.

2 Likes

It didn’t work, and luckily he hasn’t been relevant to me ever.

2 Likes

1 Like

Based on “outstanding achievement”, that would finally and truly qualify her for that ‘genius visa’:

3 Likes

Of course he did.

1 Like

It’s funny that DeSantis thinks anyone else needs to work to destroy him, when he’s been doing that so well himself.

3 Likes

It’s not that comical. The LA Times had an article making a similar point, by their political columnist Mark Z. Barabak.

Donald Trump received an early Christmas present courtesy of the Colorado Supreme Court.

1 Like

The comical part is the idea that anyone cares about DeSantis in this.

As for the rest…I don’t know, but it strikes me that there isn’t a single thing anyone has done to stop Trump that hasn’t been decried as playing right into his hands. Charge him for his crimes? Sure, if you want him to win. Stop him from trying to get the judges killed? That’s just what he wants you to do. Throw him in jail? The best present you could give him. Vote for someone else? You’re just doing his work for him. Like it’s all some perfect trap he has set up where opponents can only help him, even as he throws ketchup and cries about how unfair it is every step of the way like a stymied toddler.

I don’t know, somehow it still looks to me like enforcing the laws against Trump is something we need more of rather than less, despite all the handwringing about what treating him as if he should follow them will do.

8 Likes