Designer garden hoses, and other 'luxurious alternative garden appliances'

Hey, no bad-mouthing of the BBSAS1) and their meetings, please!

1) The Boing Boing Store Appreciation Society.

2 Likes

But, is there anything in this “designer” hose that will keep a rather challenged labrador from getting bored in the yard occasionally when we’re out, and chewing the living shit out of it. I mean, will she respect it more because it’s a high end item?

3 Likes

This is more what I was thinking about.

Cory apparently just loves this $900 fidget toy, which is every bit as much a tchotchke for the one percent as is a gold garden hose.

1 Like

3 Likes

Ah, I gotcha! I’m pretty sure Cory didn’t buy one of those, either, but I get your point.

This designer hose site was apparently started by someone incapable of googling white garden hose (see @kuzzer’s link). Fools, money, &etc.

1 Like

Yeah, I thought that was weird, too, since my local Walmart sells pastel garden hoses. I concluded that the inventor of the designer hoses must not live in America…at least not my part of America.

Edit: For the record, I have a couple of those super-expensive garden hoses that have octagonal ridges, heavy-duty, kink-free, etc. I got them from…a rich person’s trashcan as I was driving towards my brother’s house.

1 Like

I would like to also point out that Hammacher Schlemmer’s STAINLESS STEEL hoses cost less than Garden Glory’s AND come with a nozzle…

https://www.hammacher.com/Product/90015

Plus… this:
09%20PM

2 Likes

Did they tuck ONE of that mannequin’s shirttails into his Speedo just so we wouldn’t think he was Donald Ducking it?

This is beautiful. I’ve probably spent more than that in hose and hose parts over the last couple of years…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.