Desperate Toronto hotelier pays millions to take Trump name off its business

Probably three or four cubes of the chocolate variety. It kept me going until dinner, I remember, but whether it had any other effects, I don’t remember – I was probably 9 or 10.

2 Likes

Ah, too young to notice the amphetamine kicking in.

6 Likes

H̶o̶r̶r̶i̶f̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶ Interesting that you can make money (Trump just did) with negative brand value if you are on the correct side of the transaction.

1.) I have to get my name on a bunch of things with contractual commitments with penalties.
2.) Destroy my “personal” brand (and potentially the country) by being really awful
3.) Profit!

2 Likes

Now that you mention it, maybe that was the day we all took our clothes off and ran around like loonies. Nah, couldn’t be related.

2 Likes

Thanks! I put in a half hour now and again, and the embarrassment of booing a building in public is considerable. The building being in the financial district, I figured having a privileged white dude denounce Trump as beyond the pale would have a positive effect on the local culture. But there’s more than one way to protest, and the potential customers who wouldn’t do business with a Trump-branded property probably had the bigger effect than the visible protests when it came to the sign coming down.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.