Trump hotel in D.C. made $2 million profit in 4 months, now charges highest rates in town

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/08/10/its-called-corruption.html

3 Likes

Nice game!

The underlings get to curry favor by paying inflated prices to stay at the boss’ hotel, then charge the tab to the taxpayers – which, of course, the boss approves.

14 Likes

tumblr_osjndpwiQE1qzsnxyo1_540

32 Likes

If ever a building cried out for a firebomb…

3 Likes

The best bribery money can buy.

12 Likes

Hey NK: 38.8940297,-77.0292326,17.06

6 Likes

8 Likes

Don’t think I haven’t thought about it. Taken from my regular fishing spot in Chicago.

2 Likes

I’d rather stay at the Bates Motel than any place with the name Trump on it.

16 Likes

Ugliest building in Chicago.

2 Likes

Firebombs are counterproductive unless you’re willing to mass-produce them.

A 24/7 peacefully disruptive protest, OTOH…

Why is it still possible to enter that building? The police can force a passage if they want to, but how profitable will the hotel be if it is constantly drenched in tear gas?

5 Likes

Hey, you’re threatening government property there!

…or is the white house Turnip property, now? I get so confused.

10 Likes

Trump2

10 Likes

Nice I hope that this is just further proof to support lawsuits that DC and Maryland as well as other businesses are bringing against the Trumps

5 Likes

I hock a loogie at it every time I drive past.

4 Likes

Me: "Hello, front desk? Do you have Russian hookers available?"
Front Desk: "Da! You want peeing or non-peeing hookers?"
Me: "I didn’t spend $650 a night for non-peeing hookers, okay?"
Front Desk: “You want maybe Rex Tillerson to chaperone?”

4 Likes

The depressing bit about the Trump tower in Chicago is that it isn’t in itself a hideous building. That badge and what’s inside it however…

1 Like

A friend of mine said out loud the other day something I’d been thinking: That the Chicago Trump tower resembles an elongated hand giving you the finger.

2 Likes

It’s not gold? Only silver. Sheesh. Low rent!

1 Like

Whole I’d like the whole name to “fall off” of t, if we could just pry the “T” off, it would at least be descriptive.