White Supremacist President Furious at Being Called a White Supremacist

Every 50 years or so Democrats and Republicans complete the full circle and trade places on the political spectrum.

2 Likes

:joy:

:sob:

2 Likes

The last major party realignment was largely triggered by the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. I wonder what it would take to cause the next one. Trump passing single payer healthcare, maybe?

2 Likes

Who were probably to the left of the current Republican party, so they may respond “those pinkos?”

How about 1D chess?
http://www.chessvariants.com/shape.dir/onedim.html

1 Like

Became law on September 14th.

1 Like

Thank you, I stand corrected…there was nothing in nay news outlet I follow so I had presumed it dropped off the face of the planet.

There might have been a little griping on Breitbart from the “fine people”, but little to nothing in the press.

1 Like

White supremacist is a euphemism.

The Trumpists are blatantly obvious fascists, and have been since day one.

4 Likes

The Dems are the walking dead; they’re an ex-party, they just haven’t realised it yet. Gone extinct for the same reason as the Whigs.

The GOP are also in an irretrievable position; they’re committed fascists now, so as soon as they lose power, they’re dead.

So, assuming that we avoid the worst-case scenario of permanent fascist America: there are at least two new parties on the way. And the triggering event is the New American Revolution.

4 Likes

so how long is this going to continue? how do we pull the plug?

Sustained, massive, non-violent non-destructive disruptive civil disobedience. Targeted at the money of the 0.01%. Shut the country down.

It isn’t a protest, it’s a revolution.

This is not a fun or easy solution. But the only other option is global fascism.

2 Likes

Simultaneously, another pro-active way to disrupt its hegemony is to secede, and/or start your own country where you are. In a polystate people can invest their time and effort into actively solving the problems that affect them, rather than waste all that energy and despair reacting to those who milk the status quo in vain hopes of keeping themselves relevant.

There are a lot of kinds of intelligence, and none of them are mutually exclusive with mental illness, narcissism, or sociopathy.

2 Likes

At that point, I’ve started countering with how the Islamic world was once the leading culture in mathematics, science, medicine, art, and tolerance.

1 Like

Bingo.

“Ignorant fool” and “rat-cunning bastard” are not incompatible things. It’s possible to be both.

5 Likes

And that realignment wasn’t REALLY a switch of positions. Rather instead of being divided mostly along economic issues, they became divided along social (largely racial and religious) lines. In the early 60s both parties had socially conservative wings and more liberal ones. NOW both parties have populist economic wings and economically “neoliberal” ones. Both Bernie and Trump appealed to the populist wings. The party apparatchiks in both parties have been in thrall to big-money doners for decades.

Edited to add Although 150 years ago the Republican party stood for SMALL(ish) business against the extreme concentration of wealth represented by slavery and the plantation system. Their opposition to slavery was as more economic than racial. (make no mistake though. Many were anti-slavery BECAUSE of racism…they didn’t want to share the continent with black people)

2 Likes
3 Likes

Not yet, anyway.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.