Trump's DC hotel hiking prices on the day QAnon thinks he's being sworn in as pres

Originally published at: Trump's DC hotel hiking prices on the day QAnon thinks he's being sworn in as pres | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Whenever I go to dc for work as a govt contractor, I need to find a place available at the DC per Diem rate. That jumps from $188 to $258 in March, which seems really high, but is so far below these rates.
It’s been a while, but I remember it being rather hard to find rooms at that rate near where I was working. Am not missing this aspect of work.
There was also a bedbug breakout when I was doing a lot of travel. May we wish such upon the Trump hotel!

16 Likes

Any grifter who survives long enough in the business understands that you have to squeeze the rubes for every last dime as long as you can.

Also, I wonder why that 1331 figure was chosen. Does it have a special meaning for the Qanon nuts?

22 Likes

Good question! I did a quick search but all I found was an “angel number” meaning related to confidence, something biblical about soothing a troubled heart, and a Hebrew definition related to virginity. Isn’t the internet fun?
I’m sure the Q world will be able to come up with something better.

10 Likes

“Price gauging?” Does one use a dial micrometer to “gauge” prices, or is it better to use a pair of calipers?

Way to go, Forbes. Maybe you should be less concerned about the wages of proofreaders, and gauge them on their competence instead.

19 Likes

Part of me hopes he’s made up one of the rooms in Mar-a-Lago to look like the oval office, and that he’ll just declare himself President on the 4th.

From time to time he’ll have press conferences that no one shows up to, interest will wane. Mar-a-Lago closes, all the employees are layed off. In 10 years there will be a news report about how he hadn’t left the room in since declaring himself President. It will feature a grim description of finding him at his desk, wearing a soiled bathrobe, tissue boxes on his feet, his cold hand clamped around a diet coke.

:woozy_face: I kinda drifted off there for a moment. What were we talking about?

26 Likes

Or maybe US Code 1331:

The district courts shall have original jurisdiction of all civil actions arising under the Constitution, laws, or treaties of the United States.

Now this is how conspiracy theories start. :smiley: :rofl:

9 Likes

tRump Co. & Qanon, a match made in grifter heaven.

tumblr_51facbdbc88472d10a736c5cfd66e59d_5669a059_500

44 Likes

Per Urban Dictionary:

Leel is the highest form of elite. Elite is transformed into leet, leet is transformed into 1337, 1337 is transformed into 1331, and 1331 is then transformed into leel.

16 Likes

The reality is that is pretty dear for most Proud Boys. Which is why until recently the Hotel Harrington was their preferred haunt.

4 Likes

I don’t know, this song from a previous post seems appropriate.

2 Likes

Woah, that place is cheap for the area!

2 Likes

It will feature a grim description of finding him at his desk, wearing a soiled bathrobe, tissue boxes on his feet, his cold hand clamped around a diet coke.

I’d much rather read he was found dead in his prison cell, cold and orange (it was a permanent stain that lasted his remaining years).

5 Likes

1331 is (666 x 2) - 1. Appropriate number for “Damien”.

7 Likes

They like to match the value of their patrons.

2 Likes

I’m surprised it’s not $1488.

14 Likes

So, the -1 is like when you use a sample standard deviation instead of a population standard deviation and you have to account for DEGREES OF FREEDOM!1!12!!

6 Likes

I’m 95% confident this made me chortle.

5 Likes

March forth on March 4th.

I get it.

It’s been done.

6 Likes

I saw that.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes