Detroit cop who posted racist video of woman he made walk home in freezing cold was once charged with torturing ex-girlfriend

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/01/detroit-cop-demoted-over-racis.html

4 Likes

Well, that’s a start

6 Likes

What human garbage, also he only got demoted? Ok then, i have some choice words about that but i’m already in a crappy mood so i’ll keep that to myself

27 Likes

So you remain eligible to be a cop with something like that on your record? Well, that explains a lot actually.

43 Likes

He should have lost his fucking job, doubly so if he had a history of domestic violence…

This shit isn’t rocket surgery…

43 Likes

Cop spells Piece of Crap backwards.

5 Likes

When I read the story the other day I thought “I get he has to have the car towed”…though you could argue he could have just followed her home. I also understood if she were super pissed (which I bet she was) she would say “I’ll walk asshole”.

But then his behavior post that…brings it to a new level of racist and asshole. Being demoted should be the LEAST of his punishments.

5 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

7 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks we’ve passed the tipping point of correlation between racist cops and cops with shaven heads?

18 Likes

Forcing somebody who is unprepared to walk in that kind of cold should be charged with assault of some kind. As a privileged white person I’ve been pulled over for (very) expired tags, and got a small ticket and was told to drive on my merry way.

35 Likes

No. I really don’t think that shaving your head will cause you to become a racist cop.

4 Likes

He should be “reassigned” to the unemployment office.

And how did he not get prison time for the previous offenses?

12 Likes

Do “Stand your ground” laws apply against cops? Sometimes it seems as if they should.

4 Likes

Garbage people do garbage-ass things especially when they know they can get away with it.

11 Likes

IKR. He should have lost his job when he tried to murder some one… what the everloving fuck.

12 Likes

He should have lost his job due to being in prison.

7 Likes

One way or another, racism and misogyny always travel together.

15 Likes

Yep, I’ve been a passenger in a vehicle when it was pulled over for expired plates. Driver got a ticket, and we were allowed to drive home.

Guess what everyone’s skin tone looked like.

Mostly. I mean, Femen exist.

2 Likes

Same! I’ve been pulled over with expired tags and my middle-aged white guy ass didn’t even get a ticket, I was just given a warning and told to get it taken care of soon.

4 Likes

I figured they’d fire him for missing her

1 Like