Detroit cop who posted racist video of woman he made walk home in freezing cold was once charged with torturing ex-girlfriend

“Starlight tours”

18 Likes

Yeah I don’t mean to draw away from the video he shot of his sadistic abuse… it’s just that an actual convict working as a police officer is already so fucked up. How many more are there then in Detroit who just haven’t gotten comfortable enough to post videos of themselves in the act? Because shit doesn’t get that fucked up and it only affects one person, that whole bunch of apples is probably covered in mold.

8 Likes

A real fuck’n charmer this guy is.

7 Likes

Yeah, I don’t understand how he was allowed to have a gun, much less remain a cop, with that kind of domestic violence record. I guess it’s how it usually goes, because law enforcement is rife with domestic violence - they just make the actual charges go away.

With domestic violence convictions, he shouldn’t, in theory, even be allowed to possess a gun. But there are so many loopholes, and abuse-friendly law enforcement to make charges turn into something else…

Because cop. They get a pass even for off-duty crimes, doubly so for domestic violence. A mental health survey they used to give to cops indicated that the vast majority of them were guilty of (unreported, unprosecuted) domestic abuse.

Though I think it’s more like a correlation between tigers that have orange stripes and like to hunt. Not all tigers have orange stripes, but…

14 Likes

But he looks like such a fine, upstanding, white supremacist. And a would-be murderer too, you say? It just goes to show; sometimes the cover does match the contents.

Or given her a ride home. Or let her wait in the car while an Uber/taxi came. Or any other of a large number of non-shitty things to do to another human being. But he would rather be a “funny” racist on the internet, and perhaps kill someone for giggles.

No, but a cop with a shaved head might likely be a racist. I wonder if it’s done as a way of showing that much more white?

Myself, when I shave my head it’s because I hate my receding hairline. Not other people.

11 Likes

Yeah, it’s no wonder she didn’t want to accept a ride from him, choosing to risk exposure instead.

Sadly, her chances of survival were likely higher facing off against the bad weather, than with willingly getting in the vehicle of a dangerous bigoted cop on a power trip.

Truth be told, I’d probably have chosen to walk, too; like I said above, the odds are better for surviving inclement weather than they are for surviving an LEO high on his own authority.

18 Likes

I don’t know about prosecutors but D.A.'s are frequently elected officials.
Please vote responsibly.
https://www.brennancenter.org/blog/big-winners-da-races-women-and-black-candidates

4 Likes

Fair point. My suggestions were based around the idea that he wasn’t the piece of human trash that he clearly is. Of course, if he were a better man this wouldn’t have happened at all and we would be commenting on something else.

3 Likes

What do you want to bet he bloviates about how “Black Lives Matter” puts cops in danger?

4 Likes

Wow, threw up in my mouth a little. On the other hand, that makes this most recent incident more understandable. It wasn’t bad judgment, he’s just a total asshole.

ETA: Racist, murderous asshole, but asshole nonetheless.

10 Likes

It said they offered her a ride and she refused…I can only assume that is because she was pissed that they were towing her car (Or perhaps she knew this guy was a fucking asshole and was full of NOPE!).

In my state (I presume most states too)…driving with an expired registration is an automatic tow on the vehicle. They are also required to give you transportation to your original destination (within some reason) or alternatively to the police station itself.

Again…none of that changes what happened AFTER that…and he is clearly a racist douche who deserves far worse than a demotion.

3 Likes

I guess someone restored that Wiki page…

I’d be shocked if Saskatoon was the only place. (Looking at you Thunder Bay!)

10 Likes

Can someone make this guy disappear? I don’t want to live in a world where people like this exist.

5 Likes

But if you ruin his life, how will he be able to continue ruining other people’s lives?

5 Likes

I thought “protect and serve” was the mission for cops. I’m just confused who’s being protected here.

1 Like

He didn’t get prison time for his previous offenses because prosecutors know that if they took domestic violence by police seriously they would be the planet’s most effective police abolition group. Some studies put the rates of domestic violence among police as high as 40%. http://womenandpolicing.com/violenceFS.asp#notes If there is one thing that is consistent among police forces, it is protecting and encouraging abuse among officers.

12 Likes

The tags for my vehicle expire right in the middle of the winter holidays. I have an email alert now that reminds me to renew. But for a bunch of years I didn’t and would get busy with the holiday chaos and forgot to renew my tabs. Completely my fault. I’m not making excuses, just explaining how it happened several times.

Each time, on the way to visit family out of state I was pulled over. Several times they gave me a ticket and added that all I needed to do was renew my tabs, go see the judge with proof I had renewed and the ticket would get thrown out. This was exactly what happened. On several occasions they just gave me a warning and said to get them updated on Monday.

But of course I am white and not poor. But towing never came up. Maybe that differs by state. Or maybe they had the option but save that for those racially profiled.

7 Likes

CORRELATION. Even in the dictionary, correlation does not equal causation.

7 Likes

I was intentionally trying to misunderstand you. I guess it didn’t come out right.

2 Likes

Yep.
The Real Justice Pac is working to swap out these DA’s all over the country. I support them.

4 Likes