Devin Nunes calls reporter a stalker for asking him a question

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/09/devin-nunes-calls-reporter-a-s.html

7 Likes

It’s like he’s afraid of the free press or something…

28 Likes

26 Likes

Hmmm…seems like calling someone a “stalker” on Twitter is pretty defamatory. I think the reporter has no choice but to sue Nunes and demand 1) Nunes stop tweeting 2) Nunes retract tweets the reporter finds defamatory and issues a public apology to the reporter and his family and 3) Nunes’ Twitter account be deleted. Oh, and also $435 million dollars.

28 Likes

Nunes has become a parody of himself. He must be under a lot of stress…

I fully expect that the next thing he’ll do is accuse someone of assault after they walk past him and he’s touched by the air stirred up in their wake. I’m not even kidding.

14 Likes

13 Likes

I’m sure Hunter is a sore subject with Nunes, what with the increased chances that he’ll end up as a cellmate for that corrupt vaping douchebag.

7 Likes

Modern conservatism in a nutshell: feeling oppressed by facts and being loudly victimized by fact-finding efforts.

13 Likes

Aren’t we overdue for someone to leave public office so they “can spend more time with their family”?

10 Likes

Devin Nunes’ twitter account is…confusing.

Why and how is star trek stabilized trending again all of a sudden

1 Like

Nunes shitting his pants is right where I’D like him up till he pleads guilty to treason and is sent to prison.

4 Likes

You must have missed this line right above the Trek gif

‘Nunes should learn about free and easy-to-use image stabilization software, like the kind used here:’

“… awaiting the gallows.” FTFY. Isn’t the punishment for treason the death penalty?

3 Likes

You’re so harsh, on Mondays.

4 Likes

Is this one of those moral conundrums like the Trolley Problem? Do we sacrifice his family such that they have to spend more time with him for the greater good of the nation?

2 Likes

I’m sure there’s no shortage of journalists who would want the answers to these questions and that Mr. Nunes has ample opportunity to divulge all manner of revelatory snippets. Is it really so unreasonable that he should choose not to do so when randomly confronted by an individual reporter? And that he might be kind of peeved by his audacity?

ETA: Considering Nunes didn’t post a video and the picture he did post isn’t even particularly blurry, what does image stabilization have to do with anything? This is reaching.

1 Like

He wasn’t always like this?

5 Likes

I have decidedly less than no love for Nunes, but in this video clip at least it didn’t look to me like his hand was shaking so much as moving to repeatedly hit the button to take pictures. The “stalker” comment, though, was particularly fragile. There’s are so many more substantive things to attack him for, I don’t know that reading into hand movements even approaches the list.

1 Like

To some degree - he just keeps being more and more… himself.

3 Likes