Devin Nunes says Democrats tried to get nude pictures of Trump from Ukrainians

That right there would be an easy way to make it onto my ignore list :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well that’s the thing. The GOP long ago invited crazy to the party, and as a result the fringe is not something they cynically cater to. Its sitting right next to them in elected office.

Guys like Nunes aren’t trying to throw out distractions, and they aren’t playing chess of any sort. They’re true believers playing with red string. He probably isn’t lying per se, he probably genuinely believes that. And can’t figure out why the sheeple don’t find it compelling. Confirmation bias prevents him from accepting or even looking for the on the record facts of the situation. Its just three parentheses, deep state, globalists.

These guys aren’t even Alex Jones. They’re the idiots who buy his 5 gallon buckets of survival slop. They’re the marks.

@zuludaddy

13 Likes

One of the best movies ever. I love it, but I never realized how many times Donny got told to shut the fuck up! And I’ve seen it dozens of times.

1 Like

3 Likes

Ranking in terms of odor!

Not

enough

Brain

Bleach

7 Likes

Maybe its not really lies. I would think it is more like incompetence of living in our modern world. he simply doesn’t have the tools to distinguish what is real and what is not. scary from someone in such a high position of power.

1 Like

Like so many other authoritarian lickspittles, he possesses no capacity for creativity.

10 Likes

JampackedWealthyGuanaco-size_restricted

14 Likes

This.

Nunes may very well be a dumbass, but at the same time we see every day how conservative commentators/pundits will willfully misrepresent data/facts/events to benefit their side. The whole Biden/Ukraine thing is the perfect example: the Ukrainian prosecutor got fired because he wasn’t investigating Burisma, in fact that’s what Biden was bragging about publicly.

6 Likes

There’s a third option, where truth and lies don’t matter. This is where Nunes is operating, although it’s not clear whether he’s the mark or the con man.

10 Likes

That’s kind of what I mean, though. The sky’s the limit if you don’t care. Forget saying they sought naked pictures of Trump, why not claim Adam Schiff killed a woman in 1985 to prevent them from having a love child. Why not say Nancy Pelosi was in league with Jeffrey Epstein and has secret account numbers with billions stashed away. Nunes could claim that they themselves were raped by Joe Biden - that’d be a hell of thing.

Seriously, anything you want.

9 Likes

I wouldn’t rule out Biff or toadies like Nunes making any of those claims.

7 Likes

Please stop; you could be giving them ideas…

14 Likes

(I think they’d be better people if they’d actually spent some time around these boards…)

2 Likes

It could be that he’s relying on either the unfamiliarity or misremembering of the prank for it to set in as solid truth in the minds of reality-challenged constituents.

4 Likes

The horror:

8 Likes

The superior Republican intellect.

I think what Nunes said was nothing but projection. That he wants to see a big fat naked Trump.

2 Likes

First off, why? Unless it was to use them as bioweapons? Weapons of mass destruction! Second of all, bleeech!

5 Likes