Devin Nunes says Democrats tried to get nude pictures of Trump from Ukrainians

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/09/26/devin-nunes-says-democrats-tri.html

5 Likes

Well so much for fixing breakfast this morning.

37 Likes

naked-trump-statue-union-square

20 Likes

Not surprised this came from the guy who is trying to sue a twitter parody account that impersonated his cow

42 Likes

The Republicans are, as a whole, bad faith actors. Very obvious ones, and their fan base loves them for their lies, derailments and obfuscations at the expense of the respect of the rest of the world.

15 Likes

Even Nunes’s Cow says the smell of bullshit from that one is too strong.

26 Likes

Please girl…the only reason people would want those would be to protect future generations by burning them.

24 Likes

Eeeeewww! God, NO!

7 Likes

I think you are missing something here. Their fan base doesn’t love them for those reasons. The overwhelming majority love them because they are NOT democrats.

It’s really that simple.

If nearly any of them switched parties the same base that loved them today would loathe them tomorrow. The tribalism is strong for right wing voters.

21 Likes

Alright, you can just go straight to hell for sharing that.

5 Likes

Flailing with a purpose, but not very good flailing.

Al Harrington is finally going to unload all that excess inventory.

5 Likes

Distraction? Probably. Also… no thank you.

6 Likes

I can’t un-think that. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

At least give me credit for not sharing one that shows the statue below the waist.

19 Likes

So maybe I shouldn’t be questioning Nunes who is obviously a more successful authoritarian sycophant than I’ll ever be, but I just feel confused by stories like this. I mean, obviously what Nunes is saying is not true. But it’s not just that it’s not true, it’s that there is a readily available counter-narrative - Nunes was taken in by a hoax. We can explain where the wrong idea came from.

If Nunes had just invented a pure, not-based-on-a-true-story lie then it seems like all people would be able to say is, “There’s no evidence of that,” which sounds like a weasel phrase. It’s never going to be surprising that Nunes lies, but I’m often surprised by the lies that people like Nunes decide to tell. Unlike the truth, lying is an unlimited creative space. Spread your wings, Nunes, spread your wings.

21 Likes

Nunes is basically Donny from the Big Lebowski…except unlikeable

10 Likes

“Intelligence Committee Ranking Member”

9 Likes

Desperation and insanity have been added to racism and looting as canons of the official religion of the Republinazi party.

1 Like

Heh! Desperation got these Republicans saying any damn thing now.

spew

11 Likes

…lolz…