Dick Braine to lead Britain's far-right UKIP party

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/10/dick-braine-to-lead-britains.html

9 Likes

snl-stefon-laughs

55 Likes

the fuck is dick braine?

12 Likes

Head of the British Nazi party is a Dickbraine!

30 Likes

He’s the third leader UKIP have had.
Richard. The Third.

It’ll come to you.

35 Likes

Finally, some truth in advertising from UKIP.

30 Likes

Given the often wicked British sense of humor, he should just go with it.

36 Likes

Let’s hope he doesn’t balls it up.

23 Likes

A right cock-up, that’d be.

25 Likes

Some parents need a good slap for the names they saddle their kids with. Others deserve to be shouted a round of drinks.

I’m not sure which applies here.

21 Likes

Closest rival being Boaty McBoatface.

20 Likes

So, Batten, down the hatches?

I’ll see myself out.

(And obviously, this story is going in my file-o-names)

10 Likes

Nominative determinism?

19 Likes

Thank goodness they didn’t name hime s/t like Knob Head!

6 Likes

The close runner up, from the MRL party, a Mr I. M. Gonna Killyou, from Stoke, gathered a 2% share of the vote with promises of free food, a free car, and guaranteed housing for everyone.

7 Likes

In somewhat related news, in the other week’s by-election in Brecon, The Monster Raving Loony Party pushed UKIP into sixth place.

Just about the only positive news coming from this whole political shitshow is that the far-right lunatics still in UKIP are fading into complete and utter irrelevance.

15 Likes

Looks like UKIP is irrelevant because all their supporters switched to the “Brexit Party” for some reason

13 Likes

It’s a shame they didn’t beat them into ending their party, like they did with the SDP in the May 1990 Bootle byelection

5 Likes

His parents called him Richard. He’s choosing to go by Dick.

2 Likes

You don’t really get to pick your own nickname - it’s bestowed by those around you, and tends to stick like seeds to velcro because it’s reflective of something you did or some characteristic of you. Also, Dick is a very very traditional nickname for anyone named Richard (in the way that redheads often get called Blue).

I know this because I tried to bestow the nickname Mr Awesome upon myself. It didn’t work.

9 Likes