Did you ever want to play questions?

How sad am I that one of my favorite breakfast places was playing jesus music this morning?

3 Likes

Do they get any brownie points for acknowledging Saturday as the Sabbath instead of Sunday, at least?

3 Likes

Doesnā€™t it depend on the jesus music? What if it was music from the civil rights movement, much of which was religious? What about sacred harp or shape note singing? Or was this just run of the mill pop christian schlock? [ETA] Speaking of folk music, arenā€™t I missing Devil Town on WRAS, but didnā€™t I just turn it on?

http://www2.gsu.edu/~www885/

4 Likes

Was it What if God was One of Us??

3 Likes

Just a slob, like one of us?

2 Likes

Can I say, as someone who has done shape note singing in a group of 100 people, that one does not have to be Christian or have Colonial or Appalachian roots to thoroughly enjoy the experience?

4 Likes

Come now not all of it is badā€¦ Donā€™t the Talking Heads do a nice gospel song?

6 Likes

What about Bernieā€™s spoken word album?

Or the cover of the Woody Guthrie song by Wilco and Billy Bragg? Isnā€™t this a live version by the Wilco?

4 Likes

I wanted to find the ā€œCanā€™t Nobody Do Me Like Jesusā€ sequence from the movie Highway 61 but it that on youtube? (stupid copyright policeā€¦)

1 Like

If it had been gospel, shape note (which I just learned about in a world music class, and had never heard of it before that, so yay for understanding a reference right away :smile: ), harp or something other than jesus schlock, wouldnā€™t I have been happy?

4 Likes

Did you have to suffer through any Stryper?

3 Likes

Therapy??

(Actually, they arenā€™t a Christian band, are they?)

Arenā€™t members of the band Low Mormon? Isnā€™t Low excellent, none the less? Didnā€™t I see them open for Swans in 97?

Anybody try to throw a rock out of their lawn this afternoon, only to bounce it off their vanā€™s windshield, leaving a chip and a crack?

Why did you throw it at your van?

Where else would you throw a rock? At the large woods beyond the van, or the small windshield of the van?

1 Like

Points for difficulty?

2 Likes

Could I hit the side of a barn, if I tried?

Ā 

(only if you put a windshield in it)

2 Likes

Sheetrock is mudded and taped, so I guess itā€™s time to wash my hands and pick tomatoes?

Pretty clean for no gloves,amirite?

5 Likes

Arenā€™t the Ballast Point folks canning most all their products now? Didnā€™t the fella there challenge me that Iā€™d be unable to tell the difference in a blind test? Does it pain me more that he didnā€™t have to give me a sixer, or that I owe him a pint of Guinness?

3 Likes