Die Antwoord's Ninja replies to fans on internet tabloid rumors surrounding 'CHAPPiE'

Why are actual quotes being given by costars in interviews being referred to as “internet rumors?”

Oh, sweet! Please come back again next time, Ninja.

THEY HATE US CAUSE THEY ANUS

I now want to see this film even more than I did.

At first Brandon refuses to comment but goes on to say: "I don’t care much for him. I don’t care much for his band. I don’t care much for anything that he does…

“You know when someone comes and feels that they have the right to tell you how to do your job and they have no right to talk to me about acting…yeah it became an issue.”

However, according to Brandon the anger off set made for some great tension in front of the cameras: “The tension between the two of us on screen was heightened because of what happened.”

People usually don’t chose to spend money on things they have a huge negative bias against, and Chappie isn’t the kind of family film people are dragged to attending.

And why are the “internet rumors” also billed as “fans’ questions”?

Who’s got the keys to The Spreadsheet?

The Spreadsheet

Chappie is a fun movie with lots of big ideas wrapped inside an action-comedy. Ninja is definitely menacing as his character, to the point where it’s unrealistic for Patel’s character to ever want to be near him. This article seems like it might be a case of there never being any such thing as bad publicity. “He did WHAT?”

Ninja: erudite and articulate as always.

On the third hand, I suspect they’re just trolling.

That thing’s bullshit. I’m still not on there. What’s a guy gotta do to get noticed by obsessive blog defenders around here?

The Spreadsheet

Haven’t seen Chappie, but I believe that quote is from Franco/Rogen’s The Interview.

You motivated me to Google Die Antwoord and look at images. Some amazing pics. So thanks. Then I watched a trailer for Chappie, which I decided looked interesting enough for me to watch. And then I looked at some of their music videos. Ninja is a talented guy.

I get the impression, much of Ninja’s work is based in satire and parody. These story lines being based on real life experiences. One must be very imaginative to comprehend the messages therein. Be one with your psychosis. It may not be neurosis.

Sounds to me like you are VERY DISAPPOINTED IN BOING BOING. :wink:

Oh great, now I gotta go see that too.

LOL
There was tension on set.

ZOMG really?

Anyone heard of the relationship between Ford and Scott on the set of Bladerunner? I only mention it because it’s probably the most influential SciFi film to ever be made that isn’t called Star Wars.

Tension on set. Between artists. Has anyone ever played in a band? Or tried to manage one or to produce for them?
I dunno.
People.

At this point, I’m mostly disappointed with people who are disappointed with people who are disappointed with Boing Boing.

I’ve checked that sentence over several times, and I’m fairly that’s the right number of clauses.

You disappoint me.

I’m just saying :wink: that like, were you to voice that particular feeling, about this particular blog :wink: like eventually you might just end up on the spreadsheet :wink:

That or banned. One of the two.

I don’t hate Ninja at all. I’m just surprised at how much his angry adolescent aesthetic hates me and everyone else who doesn’t acknowledge it’s value.