Die-hard whiskey lover destroys collection in viral video, slams Jack Daniels for going "woke"

Balvenie Caribbean Cask is one of my favourites.

4 Likes

And here I thought is was going to be this:

Just like Harley Davidson, it’s a lifestyle brand for idiots like this. They’ve convinced themselves that it makes them more masculine, “country” and authentic because that’s the brand JD sells. In other words, he’s a sucker.

(Having said that, Harley is actually up to some cool shit lately… be prepared for the anti-HD backlash once the news hits the Facebooks).

Also, the flashpoint of ethanol is around 80% at ambient temperatures, hillbilly (that’s scientist talk for “alkeehall”). Watching someone try this bullshit with spirits is like watching people try to chug champagne.

19 Likes

That was me, one drunken night. Champaign really stings coming out your nose.

13 Likes

Filling the Neti Pots of Royals for centuries now.

14 Likes

Boo fuckin’ hoo! Five year old throws toys out of pram, stomps them into pieces, blames maker for being nice to people.
What an asshole!

15 Likes

Apparently he was too angry to have all that stuff near the firepit already, or have the trash can pulled into the frame, and his director of photography had to keep panning back and forth. Also, he took forever (wall safe? basement vault?) to get those last two bottles. let’s not even get into the monotone delivery. I give this one star.

6 Likes

As someone who has an appreciation for a wide variety of distilled spirits, I stopped buying JD years ago, when I discovered proper Kentucky Bourbon. Woodford’s being a particular favourite because it’s readily available in my local supermarkets.
My biggest problem, however, is the increasing number of good whiskeys from distilleries all over the U.K., including England, after a couple of centuries or so of there being none at all. And being able to afford to try them all!

5 Likes

I would immolate the alcohol the proper way, via digestion.

5 Likes

I was just thinking about this. I went to the KU Powwow and Indigenous Cultures Festival, and saw a handful of “bikers”. Like… these people are always, bikers, aren’t they? Even I mix it up and wear shirts other than Star Wars half the time. Most other hobbies you’re not always dressed as that hobbyist when not doing the hobby, right? It is more of a lifestyle branding.

4 Likes

Which, honestly is the only way you should consume Jack Daniels.

As a mixer.

2 Likes

Virtueless signaling.

3 Likes

I know you’re joking but the kilt is very much a gendered garment.

7 Likes

Jack Daniels is fine. The guy who did this is a lunatic, however.
It’s a quality whiskey along the same lines as any other in the price point and they also bottle some excellent barrel proof and other single barrel offerings.
At that price point of Jack Black - especially for making cocktails - I do, however recommend Wild Turkey 101 or 101 rye. I prefer a higher proof when mixing.
Old Granddad Bonded is also a good choice.

8 Likes

Drinking does make you sleepy…

6 Likes

He’s not serious about owning the wokes until he burns his house down - it did house the product and gave material support for the signage.

PS. who pays $250 for a bottle of that swill. I bet there’s a bottle of ‘Mad Dog 20/20 Signature Batch’ in his bar he can fall back on.

3 Likes

I don’t think the take-away changes if you exchange JD for Knob Creek of Pappy Van Winkle.

3 Likes

I don’t have the energy to enjoy all the things I like, let alone spend all my time hating things… to be angry all the time has to be absolutely draining.

6 Likes

Friend’s casual response after he adamantly announces, looking for allies and validation: “sorry, you did what?”

1 Like

well, now he needs to go buy some more and burn it. That’ll teach 'em!

3 Likes

From what I had heard somewhere on a Whiskey video somewhere was that Nathan Green possibly got the idea of the charcoal filtering process, that is now synonymous with Tennessee Whiskey, from a African technique of charcoal filtering water to purify it. If true then one of the most famous American products owes everything to black culture and knowledge.

Also in relation to Nathan Green, there is Uncle Nearest which is black owned. I’ve tried one of their Whiskeys, i’m not a connoisseur but i did enjoy it.

8 Likes